Round 13 - Wellington vs Sydney FC - 19/02/22

Not a great time to come up against Wellington, now that they’ve found some form.

Technically Wellington’s away game but this is at Leichhardt.

Is it at least still at 7:30?

ED: Nope, it’s down to 5pm. Definitely can’t make it now.

This season is the worst.

1 Like

Do we have to pay for this as members?

It is included in our membership

1 Like

It’s a Wellington home game though?

I remember a couple of years ago we played Wellington at Campbelltown Stadium. It was a Wellington home game, and the grumbling from Sydney fans out the front who didn’t know was hilarious.

They had some NZ craft beer bar which was pretty decent too from memory.

I think we won 1-0 through an Alfie penalty.

Me and my mate were laughing about the fact we had technically now crossed Wellington away off our 'to-do list.

NZ has some amazing beer!

From a club email:

This Saturday is a BONUS game for Sydney FC Members, as we’ve switched our scheduled away fixture on Saturday 19 February vs Wellington Phoenix to a home game at Leichhardt Oval.

Members are also now able to book for our game on Saturday 12 March, when we say farewell to Leichhardt Oval by playing our final Isuzu UTE A-League game there before we return to the SFS with Western United the opponents.

Details for both games are as follows:

Wellington Phoenix vs Sydney FC (now a home game)
Saturday 19 February
Kick Off 5:05pm
Leichhardt Oval

Sydney FC v Western United
Saturday 12 March
Kick Off 5:05pm
Leichhardt Oval

Reserved Seat Members can now book seats for both matches in advance, or enter as General Admission on the day.

As much as I feel for Welly and like Talay as a person and as a manager, we need to belt these guys on Sunday.

Hopefully Caceras will be back, would like to see Wood and Alf start up front, I know Welly have improved recently but they’re not a massive goal threat (have they scored more than 2 in a game this season?) I reckon a repeat of the last game, 2-1 for the good guys and hopefully the rash of draws for other teams as they make up their games will continue, results have been very favourable to us in the last couple of weeks.

Also wondering if Luciano Narsingh will be introduced to the crowd (such as it is) I haven’t seen any arrival/training pics yet, so he may not even be in the country.

They say it’s the last game at Leichhardt however like a John Farnham concert we all know that we’ll be back. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Would surely be a candidate for Palmer if he was still around!

1 Like

He did an interview last week from the Netherlands and said the VISA should be sorted this week. Suspect he hasn’t even arrived yet or just arrived a day or two ago and he’s settling in.

If Caceres is back I’d imagine he’d slot in beside Amini because Retre is out with Burgess to start out on the right.
Yazbek to get a run off the bench if his calf/hammy (?) has healed.

What’s the story with Nieuwenhof?

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

5 Likes

Can guarantee Bobbyfc has this one bookmarked.

4 Likes

Given that Welly just won 3-0, it didn’t even take me that long to be wrong, mind you anyone who says they thought that would be the outcome is full of shit. Doesn’t really bode well for Saturday.

It’s like you don’t even play football!

3 Likes

With Retre out, could we see a starting midfield of:

Ninko———————Burgess
——Caceres——Amini

…Where your clothes at?

I was there it was like 32 degrees.

Leichhardt oval is hosting two rugby league matches on Friday night.

See you there.