Round 14 - Newcastle vs Sydney - 10/1/20

Big game for Retre this one, I think, particularly if he wants to be the potential O’Neill replacement. He’s going to have to provide that leadership and solidity in the middle of the park. That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if we try to play a bit wider than usual.

1 Like

Newcastle with a change or two as Arroyo comes back:

Well deserved applause for the Firies.

1 Like

How’s Caceras as a DM? Doesn’t he usually come in in a more of an attacking position?

Barbarouses seems to be dropping deeper than usual in defence to break up play.

We speculated him as a Brillante replacement when we first signed him.

He does have a bit of potential as a majestic number 8.

1 Like

Great turnout lads. Sounding great on the TV too.

1 Like

Nice

Beautiful play!

King winning that with the tackle is great for his confidence. Also Ninko stayed on his feet nicely there.

That was a nice goal. Great run by Ninko, beautiful one touch by Kosta and a clinical finish by ALF.

This team is just so good. Best ever in the A-League.

1 Like

Our midfielders are getting so much time and space - give that it’s our 3rd and 4th choices there, surely you’d press them.

Concerted focus on taking ABJ out of the game. There’s been a few cynical tackles on him already. Seems to be frustrating him a bit.

A weird and welcome feeling I had forgotten about, a goal that didn’t need to be scrutinised endlessly by VAR.

3 Likes

Great tackle by King to start that counter. LOL@Fitzgerald flopping on the turf attempting to stop Ninko.

1 Like

Great strike for their equaliser

What’s Ugarkovic’s contract situation?

2 Likes

That was a nice effort from Ugarkovic

Terrible defending. Retre gets a special mention for that.

Great hit though.

1 Like

My kingdom for a clean sheet.