Round 15 - Sydney FC vs Melbourne City - 26/02/22

I almost hope they call it off, we will struggle to hit 3k. Horrible weather. Though it’ll mean an even more cluttered schedule down the track so might just be better to get it over with.

BOM says 20-30mm of rain tomorrow in Kogarah which seems like a lot.

Kogarah will be a swimming pool if we get that much rain. Drainage is shit, from memory.

That said, I wouldn’t mind us sneaking an early goal past Glover; only for the lights to go out again and an early full time whistle.

Didn’t expect this so soon, but this is in the club’s preview article:

Sydney will look to hand new signing Luciano Narsingh his debut with the Netherlands international reportedly in line to feature.

In this interview Bimbi suggests its too soon and we’ll probably see him start in the Derby, along with getting Yazbek back. Also said Caceres will be back, the knee injury just looks like a cork, which is even better news.

I’d say the most likely reason for a delay would be a storm. We’re not looking at 80+mm here on game day which might be enough to rule it out.

1 Like

Yeah. We won’t be that lucky.

1 Like

Is the game going ahead?

With how shitty kogarahs drainage is, I really can’t see this going ahead. Pretty constant heavy rain for the past 12 hours in Randwick.

1 Like

I’ve just posted a preview, unpicking Corica’s Friday press conference and trying to guess at some team selections:

4 Likes

Thanks,Adelaide and CCM in SA is on at same time, that looks like it’ll test the Paramount GlitchFest then.

Since midnight and it keeps coming back.

Well it better fucking be on cause I’m here for it!

I’m only slightly bitter Adelaide is getting pride games and a pride jersey before us. I promise.

4 Likes

…okay

Yeah but there was just a massive downpour in the last hour here in the shire…so that could be a tad premature

They’re going to leave it too late and those of us not smart enough to just not go in the heavy rain are going to get absolutely soaked.

Well, hope it goes ahead, otherwise its Marmalade versus Mariners.

If its on,New guy should get on in 2nd half I’m thinking.I sure hope he can make a difference and help lift the others around him.

Can’t help but feel partly responsible for our bog average season, it’s the first time since 2016 I’ve been attending games without a designated pair of lucky sky blue undies (the record of the previous incarnation was truly remarkable, losses witnessed could be counted on one hand as almost every game we lost was when we weren’t in attendance or they were still in the wash or something).

No guarantees this arvo, but I’ve just ordered these bad boys in time for the derby.

Sick run of form virtually guaranteed. :beer:

3 Likes

Rhyno’s insta story today - pashing is not a crime has certainly not gone unnoticed…

The rest is pretty good too

4 Likes

Del Piero… I cook to win

5 Likes