Round 15 - Sydney FC vs Melbourne City - 26/02/22

Shit at the back. Shit at the front. Other than that , all good!!

Yep. I don’t like the constant Kosta knockers but I believe every single time he got the ball (when not offside) tonight he contrived to lose it every single time. If I was the manager (and thank fuck I’m not) I’d probably have subbed him off for another sub.

1 Like

We’re a shambles.

1 Like

Bobo did the same thing when playing with Alfie.

Kosta simply cannot pass a ball.

That’s been the only constant in his three years here, plenty willing to overlook it when he’s getting goals and assists but he offers absolutely fuck all else to our build-up play.

The Kiwi version of Mat Leckie?

MOTM voting

1 Like

Where the fuck is wood? Cannot hit a barn door but at least he’s up for the contest

1 Like

Can anyone cheer me up with the xG?

.97.-.93 so barely squeaked it. For the record that early Alfie lob was only .04

But also doesn’t count the OG

Cheers. Final proof that xG is garbage though, it clearly must not factor in that the keeper had abandoned his station. It really seemed a tap in.

Analyse that game until you’re red in the face, blame Retre (I want him out of the team so badly I’ll be tempted to not renew my season ticket if I have to tolerate him for another year) - but in the end Ninko blazes over from 10 yards out whereas Leckie drills a precision rocket in off the post.

We weren’t bad but it’s what separates the team that will ultimately win the double and a mid-table team.

Looking at the squad thread, so many players are off contract this year, and most of that list need to be cut. Anyway onwards and upwards to next season. We’ve had it good for a long time and this season has been bad all round (for many teams worse than us) so I’m less bothered than I otherwise would be.

3 Likes

I’m hearing he’s out of here after this season.

Was Redmayne slow in getting to that or was that just a great finish?

His positioning looked wrong to me.

We’re so slow Im almost fast enough to play for this team.

3 Likes

What gets me is, How the heck is the team gassed by the 60th minute mark?

The look on Coricas face said it all.

I just started laughing.

This is what you get when you sign over the hill strikers. You get nothing.

This reminds me of that 2014 season with Arnie when he thought an ageing Shane Smeltz would save us.

Ffs did they look at this squad before the season kicked off?

I agree with everything that you just said and i hope we get rid of half these bums otherwise we’ll turn into those fuckwits up the road .