Round 15 - Wellington vs Sydney FC - 23/1/19

Pretty sure it was Brosque who got the yellow

Truly, how was it possible?

Act 2 surpassed Act 1 for sheer Absurdist theatricality.

Donā€™t know how they managed to, but Bravo to all concerned. Phoenix fans are so fortunate they get a dose of sporting AND cultural epsom salts in the same 90 plus minutes live.

Serious question, do we have any players left?

A win or draw against Melbourne would be a fluke

MOTM voting is open:

Will there be a ref in Melbourne?

Someone with quicker access to the history books can fill in the details but as I recall, our first ever win in Melbourne was achieved during a time when we were similarly crippled by injuries. Had youth players and part timers making virtually the whole back line.

Therefore, 2-0 away win on Saturday.

1 Like

Our 3 best performances this season have all been away against top 6 sides (Perth, City, Welly). Being visitors suits us.

Famously kept a clean sheet with a back four of Busch, Golec, Prentice, Middleby

7 Likes

Thereā€™s a theory that bringing in some youth players lifts the team because then youth players do their best to impress and the senior players try and show the youth players what it takes to play in the team.

Ivanovic for the winner!

Gutsy win for the good guys. Some baffling decisions though.

Irrelevant. Iā€™m sure Bosnich will be there.

1 Like

Are those guys available for Saturday?

1 Like

Assuming you mean league wins, that would be this game I believe:
http://www.sfcstatistics.com/match/?no=115

Yep. Our back four was Middleby, Golec, Prentice and Busch.

Holy fuck, that was a ludicrous decision.

But the penalty was NEVER going in. Redmayne psyched the absolute shit out of him with that dance he did.

What a legend.

1 Like

How come (apart from dissent = probably Brosque)? I know the camera showed him when they came back from the replay but I didnā€™t think the ref was near him when they zoomed out.

I guess itā€™ll be cleared up for sure when they do the suspension list

Filan as the substitute keeperā€¦

5 Likes

Took inspiration from the great Maty Ryan.

Wilkinson is missing from the list.

1 Like