Round 15 - Wellington vs Sydney FC - 23/1/19

So Zullo effectively got booked for being elbowed in the face? Makes sense.

2 Likes

So does this mean we get a free burger tomorrow or is that only for home games?

I was there, canā€™t lie, donā€™t remember Bridgeā€™s goal. But I will never forget Bobby Petta setting Aloisi up for the clincher, they were some scenes. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Home games I think. And seems to be consistently Mondays.

Bridgeā€™s goal was a bit of a re-direct after a corner

1 Like

So how many points has Bluemayne earned us. 2 points for the penalty save against Brisbane, 2 for the save against adelaide last minute and 2 for tonight

1 Like

Damn, thanks. Fixed now

1 Like

I guess weā€™ve said it plenty of times already, but how was that penalty decision given? This was exactly the type of decision VAR was brought in for - big hand/elbow to Zulloā€™s face, then no contact and a massive dive - should have been a yellow for the foul, let alone the dive. It was clear in the first replay it was a foul, before even going into the diveā€¦ canā€™t fathom how that was not picked up.

The biggest issue I think so far with the VAR is actually letting the on field reff make the final decision.

If that pig-headed fuckwit isnā€™t given at least a couple of weeks off, it will be a travesty.

Cā€™mon, he was quality.

He can take that show on the road. Why not start the tour in Melbourne on Saturday?

Commentators mentioned it, plus the camera as you say was right on him. Would guess that fox directors have ref audio feed so they can go to the correct player.

However, I am extremely jet lagged at the moment so take most of what I say with a grain of salt.

This.

What are the VAR refs in that room with the big screens for? They should be reviewing the footage, and relaying their decision to the ref. Should take no longer than 20-30 seconds for most decisions, including both incorrect decisions tonight.

Fuck this ā€˜ref running towards a tablet computer on the sidelinesā€™ rubbish. Who came up with that? Ralph Wiggum?

2 Likes

Two terrible VAR calls werenā€™t enough to stop us getting the win. Hardest fought win of the season and very proud of the boys. Have no idea how weā€™re going to back it up against Melbourne though.

Hope De Jong is ok.

BTW I had a peek at the North Western Sydney Wanderers forum, just to see what they made of the refā€™s decisions given they are the biggest proponent of the FFA/VAR favouring SFC theoryā€¦ but it looks like the morale over there is so low that itā€™s been a while since theyā€™ve discussed other A-League matches lol.

2 Likes

Mate they donā€™t even watch their own team anymore, as if theyā€™re going to watch other games! :wink:

5 Likes

So true.

To win in those conditions and those circumstances was indeed a performance of rare distinction.

Top exchange on twitter! Vuka still one of us!

4 Likes

Might be a dumb question, but why the fuck was there no active screen on the sideline for the ref to view? Isnā€™t that the whole fucking point of VAR?

The ref has to review what the VAR brings to his attention to make a decision. Thereā€™s no way he had all the active camera angles heā€™s supposed to have available to him via the big screen. How did this game go ahead without the appropriate technology in place to carry out the rules of the game?

1 Like

Was thinking the same.