Round 15 - Wellington vs Sydney FC - 23/1/19

The fuck is happening with these injuries?! Clarky in

Muscle tightness. Thigh I think. Didn’t look like contact.

We had no injuries for like 3 years and we have been riddled by them, Sydney would be in their usual spot 10 points in the lead otherwise

Free kick, yellow card most likely.

Yeah he should have got yellow even though it was a goal. Not a red though.

not looking forward to Saturday

1 Like

It’s weird that Wellington aren’t playing the same way they did last time - there have been few balls over the top looking for Krishna.

Sydney sitting back more

1 Like

That’s pretty uncharacteristic from Milos.

Beautiful work though.

1 Like

Copped a few slaps to the face first

There is also better pressure on the ball stopping them from releasing it early.

1 Like

Another card for Milos!

And Durante is trying to get up him about it. The nerve.

He was nowhere near the ball when he lashed out at Siem and immediately got up and walked away, no need to check up on him because he knew exactly what he was doing.

1 Like

Taylor gives those out all day, fair cop to Milos for returning some.

We’ve def learnt our lesson from last time we played the ‘Nux. Gutted about the injuries though, Caceres was looking the goods imo, playing direct purposeful balls forward that we’ve been lacking. Fingers crossed he and SdJ ain’t too bad.

This short game remains in the balance but the long one is not looking real good.

Having to get through 2nd half here, fly to Melb for Sat, then complete season with Asian Cup games kicking in. Cupboard looking decidedly empty…

Lol we get these kiwi muppets at half time as well? Fuck off already

Pros:

• We are winning and that takes some of the pressure off.
  • We look well organised. I was worried with all our changes that we wouldn’t, but I think we are solid.
  • Milos has looked quite good, moving the ball wall and putting in through-balls like he used to.
  • My Pad Thai was nice.

Cons:

• The injuries, obviously.
  • We aren’t playing with much width at the moment. Zullo is sitting a bit deeper and Calver doesn’t provide much down the right.
  • We are defending the side with the wind blowing towards it and that will definitely help Wellington to get their pacey players on the ball more.

Still better than Bosnich.

We’re sitting deeper (but not overly so) than the last time we played the Nux and its not giving them the same opportunities to dink balls over the top for Krishna and other quick players. We’ve looked very comfortable and I’m pleased with what I’ve seen.