Round 16 - WSW vs Sydney FC - 11/2/23

“We’re not that good and got lucky the past few weeks, Wests should beat us comfortably. Even at our best, I question the ability of the team to get a result to be honest”.

That would make SFCU happy I’m sure.

8 Likes

Nah, he’d also have to show copies of the compromising photos that Retre has of him that enables him to keep his spot in the squad…

Again, [insert eye roll emoji here]…

Also insert someone whingeing that Buhagiar should be dropped.

1 Like

Fixed.

6 Likes

“if saying fuck five times in 30 seconds doesn’t motivate this sad excuse for a football team I don’t know what will!”

10 Likes

Quite remarkable that after the two sides’ respective starts to the campaign, we could be within one point of Western Suburbs with a win.

2 Likes

I have a strange feeling around this one being an absolute wipeout for either team. Last game was offensively dull and painful to view, feel like with Lolley at his best and Wilkinson there’s some stability.

14 Likes

The guys on the A Leagues pod we’re saying that. Sydney FC have been given such a hard time this season, loads of (valid) criticism. Meanwhile WSW have been praised a lot for their results and ladder position, but the two teams are only a point apart now. Crazy.

To be clear, we’ll be one point behind if we win on Saturday, unless that’s a foregone conclusion in your mind. :grinning:

Plenty of tickets left for this game. It was posted elsewhere where family passes were being given out as part of a promotion with McDonalds. I play football within the Canterbury District and they were offering a 20% discount for ticket purchases of 10 or more seats.

Get down to the game if you can make it as there are some great deals/incentives available!

Yep, no way it sells out. 20-25k is a realistic target.

I would have thought 25k would be close enough to a sell out anyway

It’s 30k, dunno if that counts every corporate area on the western side. If the league’s going well - which it isn’t right now - I think we should be nudging a sell out each time.

1 Like

Remember people, it’s:

Where’s your famous USB?

7 Likes

Well, I broke my self-imposed exile and bought a ticket.

11 Likes

And the REAL reason we didn’t offer Janko a contract

Interesting. They are scoring 1.13 goals a game to our 1.53. However we’re letting in 1.66 to their 0.8.

Probably why they have as many draws as wins - they can defend but they cannot score to save themselves. If we can solve our defensive woes (surely someone can fly kick Donachie in the car park?) then we should be able to roll them.

1 Like