Round 17 - Sydney FC vs Adelaide - 17/2/24

We’ve got the best arse blasting, don’t we folks!

2 Likes

Should be a lot of goals in this one. JK tore them up in Adelaide so would be good to see him get a start.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Maybe if we had pictures of a tifo about sunshine and happy days we could use that to summon good weather.

Prepare for the storm of sydney brings pain

2 Likes

We normally for some strange reason play to the level of the weak teams.Hope I’m wrong here a win could put us close to 2nd & 3rd spot.

Not impressed with the scheduling. The men’s game starts while the women’s game is still going elsewhere.

Talk that Irankunda hasn’t travelled

Was planning to use some Clubhouse vouchers for this game until I remembered the early kickoff and the fact that we’d be baking in the sun for longer, so fuck that.

Cove Heights it is.

2 Likes

It won’t rain but it’s gonna be humid as fuck.

Would be an awesome boost for us, he could terrorise our defence if he’s in the mood. I still worry about Ibisuki though, he also destroyed us at unite round.

We’re just going to have to do it the old fashioned way and focus on scoring more goals than them, a clean sheet doesn’t seem likely.

Irankunda has turned into a petulant little fuck who looks like he thinks he’s too good for that side. They’re probably better off without him.

PAX offering of 10695 seems quite healthy

4 Likes

Yeah that’s very solid. The early kick off time surely helps there.

1 Like

Last big hoorah before the away derby, because I doubt too many walk-ups, if they aren’t at the Swift show that night, would want to deal with the traffic and crowds throughout the city.

I just read a Marco Monteverde article that suggests he was left at home for pretty much what you said:

“Adelaide United coach Carl Veart says teenage sensation Nestory Irankunda is making the necessary “corrections” to his attitude as he fights to regain his spot in the Reds’ starting team.”

I won’t link the actual source, its a pretty poor online newspaper with mostly articles about Prince Harry and Tay Tay.

2 Likes

To make the bench? He is in the lineup?

I am confused

Good to see Gabriel back on the bench for us. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him get 15-20 minutes at the end. Matthews didn’t last the full 90 last week.

1 Like

Are you getting your Brazilians mixed up?