Round 17 - Sydney FC vs Melbourne City - 3/2/19

Just watching highlights, redders save on 78 minutes was obscene

Mitch Austin, worst signing ever.

Bluemayne’s penalty save from the stands.

4 Likes

Honestly, I thought Mitch A was rusty and so should he be, But he showed some good signs of which when he gets used to his teammates he will come good and offer way more then Charles. When he showed glimpses of pace you can tell he has lots more to offer.

2 Likes

Did anyone get any high quality pictures of the tifo for Grant? I’d like to use one for the match report when I post it on the front page.

7 Likes

#ThankFuckForRedmayne

1 Like

So glad that Brillante was back in great form. He and O’Neiil bossed it like it was Arnie Season 3. Not easy as Retre at RM, for all his good work on the ball, is not such a ball winner when we are chasing it. Hard to choose MOM as so many had a great game. I was very disappointed in Austin as the game wore on but it is very hard to play with such unpredictably good players as Alf and Ninko if you have not had any time with them.

And Grant is amazingly so much better than he was even in his best year under Arnnie.

Hope Grant doesn’t start getting frustrated at SFC

Nice little piece on Ninkovic’s game yesterday and his post match thoughts:

A bit harsh on Austin, clearly he is lacking confidence but it is good to see him get in so many dangerous positions and if he can time his runs better there will be even more. If that goal goes in everything is different.

Wasn’t the greatest game but I thought Grant looks so much more experienced and mature after his time with the national team, Redders is looking so much better with a bit of confidence behind him. Ivanovic is a revelation, he will go places and we need to help him get there, hopefully we can cash in and give some money back to Bonnyrig. Calver solid and so nice touches going forward. De Silva I still think can come good, has a really good attacking instinct.

Wtf for? Winning too much and treating him too well?

Doesn’t Austin suffer from some sort of mental health issues as well that he’s made public? I seem to recall him having a panic attack and walking off live TV last year. Could explain his confidence on the pitch as I noticed him with his down after the crowd started getting on his back.

He’s not the best player in our squad, far from it, but I think it’s harsh to hammer him after being with our squad for all of 2 days and one training session. I don’t think he’ll be seeing many minutes anyway once Brosque, SDJ and Reza are back.

3 Likes

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/mitch-austin-wishing-anywhere-else/#gdDTSPcBht7PRZF5.97

I am really surprised that the media dont talk about Ninko as they do about Broich… I think he is a better player who has made an equally as amazing impact on the a-league.

In fact, I would say he is even a better player than Honda and the media couldnt get enough of him earlier in the year before he was croaked.

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/mitch-austin-wishing-anywhere-else/#Yg9QWeh8GQ6WqavY.97

Austin is trash- he can run fast that’s about it. Not even just judging him on yesterday’s performance… He was ordinary at Mariners, crap in Tardistan and couldn’t even make the team at Newcastle.

He’s a rugby league player, no football smarts at all… no use having pace if you don’t know where to run.

That’s heavy reading there… he’s been through a fair bit, geez…

I reckon Austin did as well as you could expect, given 2 days training, played out of position yesterday, and is probably on 0 confidence. Cut him some slack, I’ve seen much worse Sydney debuts from much more experienced players

5 Likes

Yeah, so I think people need to temper their venom a bit, and take that into consideration, plus the fact that he’s just a fringe player who cannot be expected to have the same qualities as our usual forward options, and he’s only worked with our players for less than a week.

4 Likes