Round 17 - Sydney FC vs Melbourne City - 3/2/19

Have to hit the target there.

This has jammy equaliser written all over it. Have to put it away.

Ninko has been brilliant. Austin is looking threatening with his pace but is understandably not in sync with his team-mates yet. I could see Ninko really enjoy feeding the likes of Austin late on in games.

Retre has been pretty good as well and much more like he was early in the season.

Le Fondre has been poor. Not his usual sharp self but hopefully he gets a sausage roll in the second half.

City have been absolutely rancid. Iā€™d usually say they surely canā€™t play like that again in the second half but the Death Eater is in charge, so Iā€™d say thatā€™s far from certain.

De Laet at RB has been strolling since 20 mins. I think the heat is doing the old man in. Fresh legs running at him please.

I donā€™t know what was better, Ivanovic scoring on debut, or then ensuring he got to look even more like a tennis player with the sweatband.

4 Likes

We have Austin there and its clear they are already hurting against his speed, if not his end product at present.

Or then doing an actual Tomic impression and retiring injured

2 Likes

This has been a pretty sleepy game all things considered. City havenā€™t really had any opportunities and weā€™ve had only two or three.

Oā€™Neill once again looking impressive.

the fuck was that?

City have restarted the stronger team.

Austin has zero touch.

I know itā€™s his first game for us, but Austin is nothing but fast

What a frustrating game. Play of high quality and play of terrible quality with nothing in between. The conditions and pitch donā€™t help, but itā€™s so aaarrrgggh

Take a fucking touch dammit !!

WTF. But he must put that miss out of his head and not allow it to affect him.

Austin has to bury that.

I say we judge him on his first game.

5 Likes

Austin off for Devlin. Fuck him.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fair, but itā€™s not like heā€™s covered himself in glory at any of his previous clubs.

1 Like

I canā€™t remember a worse debut by a player for SFC. The sooner Brosque is back the better

WHY CANT THEY TAKE A SECOND TOUCH ?