Round 18 - Brisbane vs Sydney FC - 8/2/18

Roar are understrength, including missing arguably their best player in Young, and we’ve got some new and recently returning faces.

Anything but a comfortable win would be a let down.

EDIT: Here is the preview for the game:

1 Like

Cautiously optimistic.

these games always make me nervous.

perfect chance for a super flat performance where mckay scores the winner or something dumb

I’m expecting this game to be one way traffic. Yes we’ll be a bit fired up because it’s Sydney but we simply don’t have the cattle out there playing well enough to get any kind of job done.

5 or 6 nil,anything less is unacceptable…when the Roar aint roaring make a noise.

Gucci for a hatrick on debut!

This may be the first of a number of fascinating rounds. We play Brisbane, surely a certain three points (but let’s not get complacent), whilst the two teams above us on the table (Perth and Victory) play each other. They also play each other again in Round 23. We have only one more encounter with each.

The round after this we play the Mariners so we should be going into our Round 20 game against Wellington having claimed all six points (but let’s not get complacent) and closer to reclaiming the Premier’s Plate if Perth and/or Victory drop points (but let’s not get complacent).

1 Like

Some good points, but let’s not get complacent.

4 Likes

Perth remain in the box seat sans ACL. But I still think we’ll nab it on the final day. :sunglasses:

Hopefully brosque, ivanovic and Reza are all available and the players can stop taking turns being on the injured list

I’m super excited about the first (ever?) outing of this back five:

Shredmayne

Grant — Wilko — Warland — Zullo

Zullo was putting in some damn fine balls against victory, more of the same please.

Jeez, you’ve put me right off…McKay’s stupid jubilant head…ugh shudder…

Any word on Ivanovic yet? This should be exactly the sort of fixture for him to get some extended time on the pitch and build some confidence… but let’s not get complacent.

6- 0 Roar. McKay and Pepper hat tricks. Ninkovic, Redmayne and Grant sent off in the first half.

1 Like

It was hamstring tightness right? I’d say there’s absolute buckley’s we’ll see him this weekend.

6-0???
You’re clearly getting a bit complacent

That’s HT score only, right?

So once they’ve had 4 sent off in the second half, and down to the bare minimum of 7 players, we’ll roll them 7-6 in the 18th minute of added time.

1 Like

Never understood why roar see this game as such a big rivalry lol

1 Like

As long as Matt McKay plays we’ll win by five. But let’s not get complacent.

Because … State of Origin, bruh!