Round 18 - City vs Sydney FC - 25/2/23

How the turntables…

2 Likes

So I get in my wife’s car this morning and whatever radio station is on starts talking A-League, I turn it up and listen - the ‘sports guy’ is talking about Sydney playing Melbourne and proceeds to say that the last time these two teams met, there was a pitch invasion with the Melbourne goalkeeper getting hit in the head with a bucket - the other host then says, well I hope the fans are better behaved this time…

I would like to say I am surprised by this level of indifference to facts, but I am not.

2 Likes

Are we sure those kids that do the half time games aren’t pitch invaders? Maybe we’ve been looking at this wrong the whole time?

1 Like

What if piss pants bucket man was just trying to take part in the toddler race?

6 Likes

Heart is on 34 points after 16 games, with 10 wins 4 draws and 2 losses, and 10 games to go.

• They already can’t beat our record tally of 66 points, but we had a game more back then.
  • We had 2.444 PPG, the best they could possibly achieve is 2.462 PPG. If they drop a single point they can’t catch our PPG mark.
  • We dropped 15 points in 27 games, they’ve dropped 14 points in 16 games.

A draw this weekend ensures that our 2016/17 remains the most dominant single ALM season even if Heart go on to win every remaining game.

8 Likes

Good lineup.

1 Like

Forza Gurdy.

Kucharski to win it off the bench please, and stoked for Scarcella to make the squad with Girdwood-Reich away, kid has improved outta sight in the last 12 months.

2 Likes

Decent team. Hope we dont lose too badly

Wood didn’t last very long in a starting role.

Mak at CF is smart imo, we lost a lot of cutting edge with Wood starting last week and Corica obviously saw that, Mak brings others into the game and has shown he is a decent finisher.

Big test for Gurd.

Yeah, Corica’s pre-match said Mak had an adductor strain last week, hence being on the bench. Dare say he’d have started at 9 ahead of Woody otherwise, so not entirely Wood being dropped.

2 Likes

City’s lineup looks better than ours.

Just referring to the rainbow colours, obviously.

2 Likes

Say no to Burgess out wide.

3 Likes

Well, I predict Leckie scoring a hatty, so…Maclaren now? Two of them pens, one probably a free-kick or absolute worldie.

Also has more Sydney FC Academy products.

That’s what happens when you do absolutely nothing in a rare start.

Does it? I’m claiming Burgess, Grant and Gurd as a 3-2 win over Talbot and Tilio.

1 Like

I don’t know.

I’ve always hated Maclaren’s facial hair.

3 Likes

Grant was 25 by the time the academy started. Max stepped into the seniors for one season - did he even see out the 2016 NPL2 season before going to Portugal?

Apparently Corica needs one more win to overtake Arnold as the coach with the most wins in Sydney history