Round 18 - Sydney FC vs Melbourne City - 24/2/24

Sydney FC Men’s Squad: 1. Andrew REDMAYNE**,** 4. Jordan COURTNEY-PERKINS, 8. Jake GIRDWOOD-REICH, 9. Fabio GOMES, 10. Joe LOLLEY, 11. Robert MAK, 12. Corey HOLLMAN, 15. Gabriel LACERDA, 16. Joel KING, 17. Anthony CACERES, 18. Matthew SCARCELLA, 19. Mitch GLASSON, 20. Adam PAVLESIC (GK), 21. Zac DE JESUS, 22. Max BURGESS, 23. Rhyan GRANT, 25. Jaiden KUCHARSKI, 26. Luke BRATTAN ©, 27. Hayden MATTHEWS, 28. Nathan AMANATIDIS.

(Two to be omitted)

Ins: 16. Joel KING (return from injury), 21. Zac DE JESUS (promoted).

Outs: None.

Unavailable: 3. Aaron GURD (injured), 6. Jack RODWELL (injured), 13. Pat WOOD (injured), 24. Wataru KAMIJO (injured), 29. Joe LACEY (injured).

So Wood confirmed out for the rest of the season, Rodwell training with the team, so assuming still 2 weeks and Gurd running on grass

Do we still have Joel King?

As surprising it is for me to say myself, in the form he is in JCP is 1st pick before Joel at LB.

If the Maclaren thing is true, MC is going to be even more disfunctional.

I can’t see less than a win in this game for us. Unless of course stupid things and peak a-league props up it’s head.

1 Like

What’s this now?

Off to Auckland next year… don’t know where it came from but ‘rumours’ are circulating.

Came from Ray Gatt, who’s usually on the money.

“The Premiers are coming to town” - club email.

“We’re facing the Socceroos forward line” - Ufuk Talay via the club.

Why are we giving them so much credit? All that money, and they’re still Melbourne Heart.

Ever heard of marketing?

Not in this league!

10 Likes

David Villa, Cahill and Kewell’s old club is coming to town!

5 Likes

David is still coming back right? Right?

Melbourne City are
A loud fart of a club: brash,
But soon to vanish.

2 Likes

No changes

3 Likes

Once again a lot of families with the earlier kick off.

If there’s a single Mexican wave, we riot.

4 Likes

Pitch looks a lot better already

There wouldn’t have been a wave if last game didn’t have long periods of fuck all.

Delayed until 5:40 apparently. Anyone know why?

Gotta get the toddlers in

7 Likes

There was a risk that I might get home before the Matildas kickoff

3 Likes

Gotta give them time to warm up with shuttle runs before kick off