Round 19 - Newcastle vs Sydney FC - 25/03/22

Me too. I thought it was another German joke for a minute.

1 Like

So having read to this thread, the overall result is grim.

The pregnant wife had a scare on Thursday afternoon which left her in hospital until this evening (all good, nothing major), so I missed the match and yet to see the replay.

It’s clearly not a good result, and judging from this thread it was a bad, bad performance.

Do I bother sitting through the entire match replay, watch the mini match, or not bother and just be glad my focus was elsewhere for the match?

1 Like

I wouldn’t. There was nothing really redeeming at all about the performances. Even the kids were disappointing.

Just be glad your focus was elsewhere…

Just have a look at Goodwins goals on the highlights. Only thing worth watching them for. All the best to your wife mate.

3 Likes

Agreed 100%.

How many chances does Trent get?

Bernie didn’t get that and Wood doesn’t get that,

Trent B might become a great right back or right midfielder.

But he’s there to score goals and he just can’t.

5 goals in 3 or 4 years?

You want him up front again?

He can’t score. Simple as that.

Bernie isn’t here. Did you notice that?

We have: ALF, Bobo, Trent, Wood and arguments for Kosta and Narsingh.

Le Fondre is a huge question make who arguably shouldn’t start. Bobo is a still a beautiful positional player but doesn’t have the ability to play more than about 20 mins anymore. Trent has the issues you’ve mentioned and we all know about. Wood, we don’t know why he isn’t appearing anymore. Kosta and Narsingh are wingers.

We have a huge issue with our strikers. The transfer window is shut, the season is still in progress.

We have a game on Saturday, given Corica isn’t switching formations, which two do you pick?

2 Likes

Kucharski is actually putting the ball in the net.
I Haven’t seen him play much but is ready to be given a crack?

I know Bernie isn’t here.

My whole point

I was saying Wood or Bernie didn’t get anywhere near the opportunities that Trent gets that’s all.

You sure they aren’t talking about Ivanovic?

Bernie Tomic

Found it. Just rewriting history to reduce my shame at not remembering something from 4 years ago.

1 Like

Hilariously, Wood and Buhagiar have almost identical ‘minutes per month’ of being in the 1st team (57.5 and 56.6 respectively) but Trent was seeing very very little time when we were winning everything, so I suspect it’s mostly recent mins where Wood has been available when we’ve had a shit team and hasn’t had mins.

I agree , Uffy has been learning the trade in a tough environment and done well with the players he brought into Welly , he’s a SFC man who has done his time producing youth players for Joeys etc in the National set up.
I’d have a look at him , fresh face to give us a big clean out ,

1 Like