Round 19 - Newcastle vs Sydney FC - 25/03/22

No wonder the league struggles to build any momentum behind it. Appreciate the game hasn’t been postponed (yet) though it’s just so so hard to follow the league as a fan with the amount of rescheduled games that are changed at the eleventh hour. Imagine taking the day off work to head up to Newey only to find out the game has been moved mid-trip. Again this hasn’t happened yet though it has happened to a few interstate games this year

What’s the alternative though? The law is, you have Covid you isolate. If they can’t play then what are they supposed to do.

I don’t think he’s blaming anyone, just saying it’s a big reason why we can’t build any momentum (which is true).

1 Like

I’m in the damn train up to Newy now they better not cancel

Has anyone got the discount code mentioned here?

I don’t think I’ve received a members’ newsletter this week, apart from the thing about fixture changes yesterday.

No more postponed games., if a team has too many covid cases game is recorded as no result. Surely if a club can’t field a team they should have to forfeit? Why should the other team be punished?

1 Like

That’s why we have NPL squads. Time to shine, Newy kids!

2 Likes

A starting striker, winger and the backup goalie are out?

That’s not the most injury affected squad I’ve ever heard of…

FFS, just push finals back a week…

Apparently Danny said it couldn’t be pushed back because olyroos or something.

Edit: Here it is

But he also says they’ll be flexible if they need to be.

Fuck me dead.

I can remember our reserve goalie suiting up to play outfield and still having a short bench.

At Turton Road also!

1 Like

Stupid

Justin Pasfield!

It only took me 30 mins to remember his name …

The “no-result” alternative with zero points being awarded to EITHER team is absolutely absurd and totally consistent with the other decisions made by the APL.

Way to totally destroy the integrity of the comp.

4 Likes

Peak A-League

1 Like

Tbh that is absurd. Last season they insisted on playing the grand final in an international window leaving the showpiece missing our entire backline and City’s entire frontline. Now they’re using Olyroos as the reason to wind it up?

If it was to ensure finals were complete by end May, allowing Socceroos players to be free of club duty in time for the FIFA playoffs, I’d get it.

They have players out due to COVID. Surely we cannot fuck this up.

Umm, I have some bad news for you…

4 Likes

If Newy are under strength then maybe it’s not the worst game for THB to be in goal