Round 19 - Sydney FC vs Australia's Shame - 4/3/23

Conspiracy theorist in me thinks he is still injured but put on the bench just to stop the criticism that we made a dud signing.

Of course that just opens up another avenue of criticism as to why he isn’t making it on the field.

“No, that’s not a bulging ice pack under a few kilometers worth of strapping tape…that’s just how people from Merseyside dress fasionably”

Love me a bit of 'Tard Bashing. Some proper FTT action.
Some of our players over the years have really risen to the occasion magnificently. The club is asking for your best here: https://fanhub.sydneyfc.com

2 Likes

Website is missing Holosko…

1 Like

I might have the Centrepoint gif on my old computer :joy:

No idea where I got it originally

Just a heads up: we don’t use the ‘T’ word anymore.

3 Likes

Unfortunately have other plans on Saturday. The ol phone stream will be getting a work out.

Anyone able to enlighten me on the no march thing? I’d think it was something to do with OSM’s bullshit, like a protest in and of itself in response, except that there was a march at the Big Blue in Melbourne which coincided with the closing minutes of the ALW game.

Aloisi gets a bench spot for the Valentine’s Day massacre goal as does the goal posts at Etihad stadium

1 Like

FTT

1 Like

No doubt Vuka gets the nod over Redmayne, with his penalty shootout heroics in the 2017 Grand Final.

1 Like

Or Bolton in goal? If only so we can see the shrug again…

You have to have Big Fil in a big blue team. The man simply hated Melbourne

1 Like

Squad announced. Based on form I’d love to see Caballo start on the wing, Mak at 9 and a midfield of Retre, Maxi and Bratts. Wood and Caceres off the bench. Doubt it’ll happen though, Bimbi must have a lot of daughters married to the starting 11…

The Squad

Sydney FC squad: 1. Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 2. James DONACHIE, 3. Joel KING, 4. Alex WILKINSON ©, 6. Jack RODWELL, 8. Paulo RETRE, 10. Joe LOLLEY, 11. Robert MAK, 12. Pat WOOD, 17. Anthony CACERES, 18. Diego CABALLO, 21. Alex PARSONS, 22. Max BURGESS, 23. Rhyan GRANT, 25. Jaiden KUCHARSKI, 26. Luke BRATTAN, 29. Aaron GURD, 30. Adam PAVLESIC (GK), 31. Oscar PRIESTMAN, 32. Matthew SCARCELLA. (2-4 to be omitted)

Ins: 2. James DONACHIE (return from suspension), 30. Adam PAVLESIC (promoted), 31. Oscar PRIESTMAN (promoted).

Outs: 20. Thomas HEWARD-BELLE (GK)

Unavailable: 9. Adam LE FONDRE (injured), 19. Adrian SEGECIC (international duty), 28. Jake GIRDWOOD-REICH (international duty).

Holy Moly, Rodwell available two weeks in a row.

2 to 4 to be omitted……just saying

If we omit 4, we’ll be going into the game with a 5 man bench …

Well, depending on their ages, we may not be able to use all 7 spots. :wink:

I know. I reckon Scarcella and Priestman would go first. You’d think that out of Wood, Pavlesic, Gurd and Kucharski, two of them are young enough?