Round 19 - Sydney FC vs Perth - 14/03/20

Yeah. 5pm means it’s on ABC.

Not going.

The less of you going means the more toilet paper I can steal from Jubilee. Sweet. :wink:

7 Likes

Gatherings of more than 500 will be banned from Monday so crowds can be let in tomorrow.

EDIT: actually not banned, “advised against”.

Can but shouldn’t be. This is so transparently a political decision so Scummo can save face for promoting going to the footy.

1 Like

^^ Also so his Hillsong mates can conduct a massive conference this weekend.

2 Likes

I thought it was banned?

I’ve seen both.

We’re all reassured that the virus is taking the weekend off & waiting until Monday.

According to Bossi there’s a chance that Warland plays in at least one of the games in the next week.

Much of their hopes of doing that rest upon their depth, with coach Steve Corica planning to heavily rotate his squad over the next seven days. It could see Alex Baumjohann return to the starting line-up against Perth after being rested from last week’s 4-1 win over Melbourne. Trent Buhagiar is also pushing for a starting spot as well as defender Ben Warland.

“We have three games this week we want to do very similar to last week and freshen up the squad each game and, if we do that, we give ourselves the best chance of winning every game,” Corica said. “It’s good to have everyone available and ready for selection, which gives me a headache I suppose.”

Corica received a major boost this week with the return of three players from long-term injuries; Michael Zullo, Luke Ivanovic and Chris Zuvela. The latter is a chance to play his first game in almost 19 months after having a knee reconstruction but Corica hinted the trio won’t likely be in the frame to start against the Glory. Instead, he wants to afford them a few extra training sessions to improve their fitness ahead of the games against Wellington and the Wanderers.

he is usually right… damn sydney fc fan biased media

Hoping for a good Sydney win but I’ll be watching this one from home.

Was keen to go but Covid-19 plus rain does not make a good combination. One or the other might be fine, both together … . Hope the boys lift despite a smallish crowd.

All time record low crowd?

1 Like

I don’t know, some of those ACL crowds are going to take some beating.

Then again the concensus I’ve seen going around is that even a lot of the hardcore fans aren’t going.

Last game we’ll get to attend until October, so no way I’m missing it. Bring on the corona if need be.

1 Like

ABJ still on the bench.

Corica rewarding caceras for good form.
Telling abj to pull his socks up

I’d take this chance to use my poncho if there was an ebola outbreak on Jubilee Avenue.

Zullo not even on the bench. Must be saving him for the derby (if it goes ahead).

At least there is plenty of parking I guess.