Round 19 - Sydney FC vs Perth - 14/03/20

behind closed doors is ok BUT you have to remember because of the distance in the A League there are airports involved for players which is a big problem.

game against perth will probably go ahead if they’re already here but have a feeling it’ll be behind closed doors and the season will be suspended for a while.

we could just finish off the last few games of the league in April or May then either play a GF between top 2 or just scrap the finals series.

I think finish off the premiership and cancel the finals is the only way to go

2 Likes

Absolutely. Poor ball retention and being shredded on the counter or like the Rojas Goal is the kryptonite to our formation with the full backs wide and high. As you say though, it’s something best served as part of an overall analysis of how the team defends as a whole and not used as a point as to why individuals may be out of form or the back line isn’t performing (unless they are the ones losing the ball)

I understand cancelling events and large crowds. It’s the sensible thing to do and best advise from health professionals.

Hundreds of thousands of people are still commuting together in public transport situations. How long till public transport gets shut down? Can’t be long I guess.

1 Like

you shut down school and unis and that takes out a fairly large chunk of individuals travelling. Then you restrict gatherings and make sure you tell people that it’s a quarantine, not an excuse to go out for a few drinks at night and have a party… Unlike a certain country that starts with I and rhymes with ataly

1 Like

I’m very much leaning towards not attending tomorrow.

crowd will be sub 5k if we can still attend

sentiment is very bad atm

i just left the house and 50% of people had face masks on

Same, considering also that there’s the likelihood of a rain shower tomorrow afternoon.

Poncho or not, I don’t really fancy the prospect of getting wet while also side-eyeing everyone around me and wondering who is infected.

I doubt it will get that bad; 21k went to the Eels game last night, so people are still going to these events. I’m guessing it’s going to be around 10k, so on the low end of our crowds but not tanked.

Now the Nux game next week would be even worse if it’s still open to people.

cool sounds like it’s going ahead and we can attend, see you all there

That’s not what I read. The statement says the game will go ahead. We’ll see if there are spectators.

Current advise is no events with over 500 people.

Administration will wait and see what COAG say after 2pm. Then we’ll Know what they’re doing after that.

it says theyre working with stadia to ensure safety and hygiene protocols at the ground for fans.

Not a good idea to attend tomorrow. Listen to the doctors, not the FFA.

1 Like

I take that to mean - one of those protocols might be closed gates.

it says in the paragraph after that that they might make the call in future to play behind closed doors “should the situation escalate further” i.e. not yet

f*ck it would be ironic if there were more than 500 of them at that meeting…

The announcement was also published before the 500 guidance came through. So who knows.

Yeah I just called it, we aren’t going.