Round 2 - Sydney FC vs Wellington - 20/10/19

First home game of the season at Leichhardt. Wellington weren’t terrible on the weekend but they are also a much weaker team than us on paper.

Grant and Redmayne back with Zullo a maybe based on the scant information we have.

Having finished Round 1 top on goals scored, this is a good opportunity to build up some goal-difference on the way to topping the table for the whole season.

3 Likes

If Davila is as bad as I suspect there will be much hilarity. Home win.

1 Like

They were bang average against WU. Very little going forward. Davila looked average and Sotiro looked dogshit.

I love the Nux and Talay but they will be 11th this year. We’re gonna get ass blasted.

1 Like

Zullo is out for a month and maybe more. Thigh strain

Am I right in assuming Talay will probably not get the same welcome that Rudan got last week?

Going by how much better we look on paper, SFC to lose 3-0

a solid 3-0 win in front of a crowd less than 10,000

Looking at driving down from Bathurst, but need to be back that night unfortunately.

Suggestions for closest parking/easy to get on the road afterwards?

park in drummoyne and walk over the bridge

1 Like

If you’re prepared to walk for 5-10 minutes see if you can get a spot down the bottom of Norton Street near Amato’s so you can immediately turn left on Citylink & head west & not get caught in the traffic leaving the immediate vicinity of Leichhardt Oval.

Respect.

Park a stop or two away from leichhardt North and jump on the light rail and then walk up Mary street to the ground

1 Like

The first round of the Complacency Cup has come a lot earlier this season. I hope we get off to a strong start and defend our title from last year.

2 Likes

Parking problems already discussed.That’s why kogarah is a better ground.

1 Like

Had I heard that last week I would have been concerned, but with the performance that King put in on Friday night I’m less worried. In fact, the silver lining is that it gives King some game time and could create some competition for that position.

First couple of times at Leichhardt I made the mistake in parking too close to the stadium and got stuck in traffic when leaving (took ages). Now I park a bit further away and walk about 10 mins, it’s not that bad really.

For me, Kogarah isn’t bad if you just want to drive to the stadium, watch the game, and then go. But if I’m going to make a day/night of it and have some drinks before and after the game then Leichhardt is better for me. One thing that I miss the most since Allianz is that whole game-day experience.

7 Likes

God its hard to muster any enthusiasm to play Wellington, even for the first home game of the season.

Hopefully Alfie notches up a few.

It’s Thursday and no PAX updates. Should we be worried…?

No, because PAX is a false idol. All the hail The Second Half Announcement for they are the true God.

3 Likes