12 Likes

6 Likes

Do we need to add fuel to the fire?

1 Like

Are we bringing back Sasho Petrolski?

2 Likes

He’s a fossil fuel.

1 Like

No Wilko, Rodwell or Segecic (on international duty). Kucharski comes back into the squad now that he’s through his injury. I wouldn’t mind seeing him get a run in the Segecic impact sub role.

So is Corica going to show some faith with Gurd, or are we going to just chuck somebody else in next to Donachie and be cool conceding 4 goals?

Retre at centre back

Surely he has to start Gurd? Gurd would have had a week training next to Donachie and if he doesn’t play now, he never will.

2 Likes

Well, the only real options are Grant-Donachie (with Retre RB), or Gurd-Donachie. The latter is far more desirable.

Rodwell - one week (calf)

4 Likes

Where’s Sebby Ryall when you need him?

I’m confident after our last showing. Some very exciting football to come I hope.

[laughs in Michael Zullo].

3 Likes

Grant was on SEN today singing Gurd’s praises and saying it’s likely he’ll be given the start. Not gospel but interesting insight.

3 Likes

Honestly, just start the damn kid.

Yeah, he’s inexperienced sure, and he won’t have the luxury of having somebody like Wilkinson alongside him for support, but sink or swim, he’s got to face the pressure some time.

He’s also got the support of all the supporters (at least our sane ones anyway) who won’t criticise him for any mistakes made (short of picking the ball up and kicking it into his own net…) and understand that he’s still young. However he is 21, so if he wants to make something of his career, he needs to start playing soon rather than later.

We all said we need to start looking to the future rather than the past, well here’s a golden opportunity to show what our future looks like.

I’ve not seen the kid play (except through several beers at Leichhardt Oval a couple of months back). But just play the damn kid. No use wrapping him up in cotton wool.

1 Like

oops!!! thought you said Petrel

1 Like

PAX 1681…

This has a 5-4 loss written all over it but would sign up to walk away with a draw from now.

I’m going to bite my lip about who slots in for Wilko till 7pm on Sunday.

I want an A-League classic; two red cards, three dodgy VAR decisions, youngsters from both sides leading the way in a see-sawing 5-6 win to the good guys with the winner coming at the 97th minute in a stadium that has a bay closed to the public because of a nesting Eagle.

5 Likes