Round 20 - Wellington Phoenix vs Sydney FC - 12/3/23

Will be at 10am for me.

1 Like

1130 kick off, not bad

Fixed.

1 Like

Just carting him around like Hannibal Lector between games.

2 Likes

Vivid images of him being told he will get injured, or he gets the hose again running through my head right now. Starting to worry myself.

Anyone know if there is a discount code from the club for this game before i buy tickets?

Might be a bit late now but always email SFC memberships if you’re doing Welly away. The club will always have a number of complimentary tickets that they’re usually happy to give to fans who make the trip.

2 Likes

A win tomorrow puts us 30 points ,Westies 31, sets up the Derby perfectly :ok_hand:

My one and only away trip to Welly in 2015, I was lining up for tickets outside the cake tin before a Nux fan offered free tickets. Top blokes, can never hate em.

From memory Janko and Faty scored for a 3-0 win. Speaking of which, why did we let Janko go? Was a great striker for a big man.

6 Likes

My one trip to welly ended as a 5-2 loss in 2011 maybe?

Again, had a good chat on the bus afterwards with some Nix fans. Good people, inconsiderate bastards for being so, hating is easier than loving.

3 Likes

This is my 11th trip across the Ditch and God know what will happen. I’ve definitely seen more loses then wins.

3 Likes

Just found out this game is in Auckland.

I wonder what the crowd is like when they play in Auckland? Wellington to Auckland is a 7.5 hour drive, so they’re mainly relying to Aucklanders to come out and see a game.

Not a fan of games being taken away from home fans in general…

1 Like

Their crowds away from Welly are generally okay because they might do it once or twice a season.

Just a bit of a reality for them, if they want to grow I reckon.

It’s not ike that a city of 6 mil to pull from.

King and Caballo start.

2 Likes

It seems a very sensible move to me. Rodwell is clearly not ready for 90 or even 60 minutes, and Caceres is not a direct player, so playing him wide doesn’t really suit him. That said, I don’t see either winger switching flanks all that often today.

2 Likes

So where is THB headed? Maybe Welly since they let Oli Sail sign with Perth? It would be a huge shame to lose him.

A new backline again huh? Why not? 25th times the charm.

And when you’re playing your fullback up front you know your recruited well…

1 Like