Round 20 - Wellington vs Sydney FC - 23/02/19

I am guessing it is because we can only name 18 players at this point and we already have 3 CBs in there and in Calver we have someone who can play right back.

Match preview is up on the front page:

I think we will line up like this:

The Cove Express details can be found here:

Previous Matches

Head-to-Head

Wins: 20 (54.1%)

Draws: 4 (10.8%)

Losses: 13 (35.1%)

Sydney FC record at Campbelltown Stadium

Wins: 0 (0%)

Draws: 1 (100%)

Losses: 0 (0%)

Last 5 Matches

23/01/19 – Wellington 0 – 1 Sydney FC

https://www.a-league.com.au/video/full-time-highlights-wellington-phoenix-v-sydney-fc-0

8/12/18 – Sydney FC 1 – 3 Wellington:

2/2/18 – Sydney FC 4 – 0 Wellington

23/12/17 – Wellington 1 – 4 Sydney FC

15/10/17 – Sydney FC 3 – 2 Wellington

Records

Biggest Win – 6 goals:

19/01/13 – Sydney FC 7 – 1 Wellington

Biggest Loss – 2 goals:

5 occasions: 4/1/12, 6/10/12, 20/12/14, 12/03/16, 8/12/18*

*Note: We did lose by 3 goals in a pre-season cup match in 2007-08 but I do not count this as a competitive fixture.

Most Goals in a Game – 8 goals:

19/01/13 – Sydney FC 7 – 1 Wellington

Most Appearances vs Phoenix – Alex Brosque (22)*

Most Goals vs Phoenix – Bobo (7)

Key Statistics

• Sydney FC have played 1 previous competitive game at Campbelltown Stadium , a 1-1 draw with Perth Glory in January 2012. Rhyan Grant is the only player who played that day still in our squad. Sydney also played 2 pre-season cup games at Campbelltown Stadium, both of them wins.
  • Sydney FC have scored in each of the last 10 games against Wellington.
  • This fixture has been played in Sydney 18 times and there has only been 1 draw in those games.

Note: Appearances and goals only include league games, finals, FFA Cup, OFC and AFC Champions League and Club World Cup.

Can’t wait for the 65 min when we are down 1-0 and Corica throws Calver up front, while you have one of the fastest attacking players sitting on the bench

Would prefer cisak playing up front than Austin tbf

2 Likes

I could swear the purple line used to go all the way, one direct train, from Seven Hills to Leumeah. Now it’s 3, there is no option to even just change once at Glenfield between 8am and 11pm this Sat. :+1:

Anyone managed to get tickets in the Western stand for this? I’m not sure if they’re sold out or if Ticketmaster’s terrible UI just makes them impossible to choose.

Anyone know if ticket includes travel?

Doubt it. That tends to be for major events only.

I got tickets in the Western stand, found there were plenty of options to choose from as long as you weren’t on their mobile site.

I did, bay 33, but I booked them within a day or two of tickets going on sale.

3-1 loss incoming! Bring on the goo!

Yeah, I don’t have the best feeling about this game. We were average at best last week, and wellington are a team reborn.

Always tough playing Wellington away.

1 Like

Another disappointing, frustrating loss tonight I feel. Same problems , except these will be genuinely punished by Nix.

The Bond Movie villains, Kurto, Liberato Cacace, Kopzcnski, and Sarpreet Singh featured in which James Bond blockbusters?

Sky(Blue)fall?

1 Like

Corica at least saying the right things here

Ruthlessness sure but how about the multitude of crosses that are wasted on players who cannot compete aerially. Not sure where we can score if we play like last week. Unless one those jammy shots by Ninkovic go in. Bobo for his lack of contributions did what he needed to do, score and put the game out of reach.

1 Like

Really disappointed that it seems that we have made no change with the formation. Things haven’t been working and unless Corica has made some major tactical changes, we can expect nothing special and wave goodbye our spot in the top 2

gone completely unchanged in formation. Hopefully means there’s some tactical adjustments