Round 20 - Wellington vs Sydney FC - 23/02/19

LOL at Zelic’s response when Speed asked him if the player had been coached into playing the safe pass.

2 Likes

We’ve had some brilliant bits of play but just can’t finish

Lots of movement throughout the pitch, everyone creating passing options, I like it. But just bloody score already !

In recent games our main problem has been poor finishing. I feel like this game the final ball in is our main problem.

Speed has been absolutely unbearable today. He’s obviously forgotten his pills.

2 Likes

Another game with giving up a penalty to go down 1-0 written all over it.

We’ve had a few pretty clear chances so I don’t think the final ball is that bad. I think the final ball today is actually better than last week. So many wasted crosses and poor final balls last week despite having a decent amount of chances last week.

I’ve been pretty pleased with our ability to win the ball back. Our first 10 minutes on the ball was mostly shocking but we’ve done pretty well since then. Our finishing is diabolical, however. If Gucci nails that one-in-one and anyone other than Caceres was on the end of his chance, we’d be 2-0 and be delighted with how the game is going.

1 Like

Agreed. In recent weeks we have been indecisive and poor in the final third. Today we just can’t put away the chances that we’ve created.

Just fucking win pls

We’ve been OK, don’t know how we haven’t scored yet, but Brillante is still the weak link in midfield and too often fucks up the absolute routine. I think today is the day he moves from critical observation with hope to being my eternal scapegoat.

Also, every time I see “WPX” on the scoreboard I think it’s an airport reference.

Brillante to give away an unnecessary foul just outside the box and we’ll concede from a FK.

How can we be so good and so useless at the same time? It’s the last two games all over again.

1 Like

I’m missing out on Garage Project being poured in the Cove end…

We seem to be very compressed into a small space whenever we have the ball.

Anyone who floats a cross into the box should be immediately subbed off. How long does it fucking take to get it through people’s heads that they’re not going to work.

1 Like

Wilko is more god than man

2 Likes

Alfie and Reza are 4"1 each. Enough hitting it long to them. Corica must stamp this out ASAP, appalling in transition.

1 Like

5 players in the 6 yard box and none on the end of the cross. Bloody hell.

Ivanovic. Stat.

Fucking hook Caceres. He’s done.

Penalty bails us out.