Round 22 - 2019-20 Discussion

So which club we hate will snaffle Talay up for next season? Vuck or Wests?

Thatā€™s a great hit from Berengeur.

This has to be one of the highest scoring rounds on record, right?

Did Simon say anything in Spanish after Susaeta scored?

Harperā€™s heartbreak on seeing that his golden boy Delbridge kept the runner onside there was beautiful to hear.

Melbourne Cityā€™s famous mental fortitude really on show here.

1 Like

I think Bozza jinxed them at the break. He was bang on when he said they shit themselves whenever theyā€™re in a strong position in a game.

Still canā€™t believe they lost 2-1 after being a goal and a man up on us the night we got that great crowd at Jubilee.

Mariners have to get rid of their owner. He does absolutely nothing for that club or to help the league. Neither stand to improve while heā€™s there.

Unfortunately there is absolutely no pressure coming from any angle for him to do anything differently. The FFA never did anything , it remains to be seen if the new ownership group will. The demographic of the fan base wonā€™t apply any pressure/demand change. Thatā€™s not their bag, itā€™s 95% families. They just stop showing up. The local government/tourism body arenā€™t invested much if at all. They just canā€™t see/havenā€™t recognised the benefit of having a team in a national, and nationally broadcast, competition.

There is no one putting any pressure on Charlesworth to do anything differently. But the sooner they can fuck him off the better.

3 Likes

Did Kilkenny get a rug ?

Yes, he did. the economy model by the look of itā€¦
It would have been a brave man to predict that Kilkenny could have made himself look worse, but, fair dues, heā€™s done it

1 Like

It had to do with an initiative South Australia is running called #bookthemout to help bushfire affected places in South Australia.

Pile it on all you like I am not offended and agree fully. It will actually be 3 spoons in 4. Ans although the league is not fully capped anymore it is capped to a degree where a small club should at least be competitive and not a bigger basket case than Wellington was.

The population base is not huge but have shown they will support a team, on a per capita basis, greater than nearly all other clubs. They amazingly still have a core of loyal supporters who are unfortunately becoming fewer due to injuries damaging brick walls with their heads.

They deserve better.

3 Likes

I agree Scooter there is no other option. I used to see Charlesworth as a saviour of the Club who had limited resources and was trying to run the Club on the cheap. More lately I was of the hope that he had a major investor (like City group) in the wings waiting for an independent league before buying in. It was all that made sense with his more outlandish demands for a new unregulated league. These ideas would not help a small club.

My opinion is rapidly changing and I am now seeing him as an opportunist who could afford to save the Club, protect his initial investment, obtain 100% ownership and then make money by selling on youth, like Amini, Rogic and Ryan. All with minimum investment and he really is clueless.

Local rumour has it that he is willing to sell the Club but asking a ridiculous sum. Many are hoping he will see reason and sell out for what it is currently worth thus cutting his losses before it becomes totally valueless.

I am fast coming to the realisation that it is time for the powers that be, either FFA or the association of owners to put the pressure on and either put him on notice (like Wellington) or just resume the licence and offer it cheaply to a keen owner like they did with Newcastle and sell to a serious owner. There were rumours at the time that Lee was interested in CCM but bought a better product in Newcastle for a much cheaper price.

Putting to one side that I am a supporter of the Club, I believe that the powers that be, must ensure the survival of CCM on the Coast or they will have no hope of getting a Wollongong, Canberra, Hobart or any other regional Club up to the starting line.

8 Likes

I hope City throw a contract extension at Berenguer

I donā€™t think its just a local rumour. Iā€™m sure I saw similar rumours in an article on a national publication somewhere in the last year or so. Iā€™m less sure of the exact details. Perhaps someone else can fill in the gaps better than I can.

Victory and Nux players going to get hit with the 14-day self isolation that goes into effect in Australia at midnight (no flights left out of Wellington)

Yep looks like they A league is cancelled. Bit of a shame, if Sydney just win the next 2 games they get the premiership

Jesus, Adelaide are shite

If weā€™d just one those two bloody derbies we would have won it already.

What the hell has happened to Adelaide?