Round 22 - Sydney FC vs Melbourne City - 17/03/19

Which is why Antonis has managed like 40 games without injury under Crea in Melbourne, after never managing more than maybe 10 or 15 in 5 seasons at Sydney.

This is so overrated. Three years ago Clarke oversaw a season which was completely derailed with injury.

So are we anticipating any changes to the side that played midweek? Can see Reza in for Brosque but not much else happening.

Defending Crea, who did you support during RoT?

Depends on how Retre has pulled up from his first game in a while. We might start Caceres in midfield instead if Retre isn’t up to it. Otherwise the only other change would be Reza in.

Corica is anti againt’s changes… the squad needs be
freshened up

Tomorrow’s looking rough weather wise. We’ll be lucky to get 7k I’d think.

There will be a single change. Reza starts , Brosque on bench…he won’t mix it up any more than that.

Preview is up on the front page:

Previous Matches

Head-to-Head

Wins: 13 (44.8%)

Draws: 9 (31.0%)

Losses: 7 (24.1%)

Sydney FC record at Leichhardt Stadium

Wins: 2 (50.0%)

Draws: 2 (50.0%)

Losses: 0 (0.0%)

Last 5 Matches

3/02/19 – Sydney FC 2 – 0 Melbourne City

2/11/18 – Melbourne City 0 – 3 Sydney FC

10/02/18 – Melbourne City 0 – 4 Sydney FC

15/12/17 – Sydney FC 3 – 1 Melbourne City

3/11/17 – Melbourne City 0 – 1 Sydney FC

Records

Biggest Win – 4 goals:

10/02/18 – Melbourne City 0 – 4 Sydney FC

Biggest Loss – 4 goals:

29/12/11 – Sydney FC 0 – 4 Melbourne Heart

Most Goals in a Game – 4 goals (9 times):

12/02/11, 29/12/11, 17/03/12, 24/02/13, 12/08/14, 2/01/16, 24/02/17, 15/12/17, 10/02/18

Most Appearances vs City – Sebastian Ryall (17)

Most Goals vs City Bobo (8)

Key Statistics

• Sydney FC haven’t scored in the last 2 competitive fixtures. The last time this happened was 26/11/16 and 30/11/16, where we played a 0-0 draw with Adelaide before losing the FFA Cup final 1-0 to Melbourne City.
  • Sydney FC have beaten Melbourne City in each of the last 8 games between the two clubs. City have scored only 2 goals in that time while Sydney have scored 21.
  • After appearing in the last 2 ACL games, Milos Ninkovic and Brandon O’Neill have both overtaken David Carney for all time appearances for Sydney FC. This puts them equal 5th with 126 appearances each, compared to Carney’s 125.

Note: Appearances and goals only include league games, finals, FFA Cup, OFC and AFC Champions League and Club World Cup.

2 Likes

Fucking hell, I’m starting to think we’ll be lucky to break 5k people with this rain.

Actually quite keen for this evening. We always produce a good atmosphere in the rain. Even if it is only a fraction of the usual crowd.

will the match still go ahead? Pissing down all day so far

Have we ever had a game washed out before?

I don’t want to look soft or anything, but Send 'er down, Hughie!

Was one up in Gosford. Circa 2008?

It’s probably not ideal because it’ll probably be rescheduled for a Wednesday when we’d have weekend games

Yeah that’s fair, but with the ACL we surely don’t even have that many Wednesdays left; this week maybe?

2007/08 Season. I remember being at a local pub in Gosford getting a few beers in before the game when they announced the postponement. The game was played again and gave us the infamous Daft Punk 4-5 game

5 Likes

blast from the past. I must admit I don’t remember Robertson

wow and look at the crowd for a Mariners match!

There was also the Persik Kediri game in the ACL that ended up being played at 11am local time the next day or something.

I wonder how close they were to calling our game off in Brisbane, maybe in 2008, when the entire pitch was covered in water?

1 Like

I was looking forward to a bit of wet weather. Hope it’s still on to be honest. Imagine the scenes