Round 22 - Sydney FC vs Western United - 1/4/23

Le Fondre back, Rodwell not out injured, Burgess back. We should be a lot stronger.

Also could be huffing on some hopium here but I think both Lolley and Mak will perform better in cooler weather for the rest of the season (especially Mak, always looked to be struggling in the heat).

Wonder if we’ll see Rodwell in midfield? Mak only just back from Europe too so I’m expecting ALF to start.

Prediction:

Max ALF Lolley

Caceres Rodwell Brattan

Diego Wilko Donks Grant

Redders

Bench: THB, King, Gurd, Girdwood-Reich, Sega, Mak, Woody or JK (one will miss out along with Scarcella).

Segecic really has to be getting a start soon. If Corica isn’t going to be at least giving Segecic a starting chance after having a great youth tournament, and after that absolute dross the team served up in the derby, Segecic should just ask for a release and let some other club develop him (and let them make subsequent $$$ from selling him on to an overseas club in a few years).

2 Likes

Been busy moving house this week so I’m trying to work out whether to skip this week and use it as an excuse that I’m protesting, or if I should watch the dub, boo as the men line up with another predictable bunch up of old farts and then leave. Creative suggestions are welcome.

You could watch the dub, I guess?

Win the picnic platter thing they’re offering in the newsletter and say you just showed up to eat it.

3 Likes

Think I’ll just be going for the women.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. Game starts at 5:05 so that’s pretty decent

Damn some of you give up on the team pretty easily, shame. We’re on the brink of the 6, big game, yes we aren’t great to watch but that’s where we need to lift the team not give up on them.

7 Likes

Yeah, don’t think my wife would be too happy if I used this as my reasoning…

2 Likes

So long as you don’t say it with a wink you’ll be okay.

The club already has my membership money. I shouldn’t have to waste a few hours of my weekend actually watching the team as well surely.

EDIT: Plus it’s likely to be wet.

2 Likes

Up to you really. You can always stop turning up when we’re bad and just come back when we start winning again. Nothing wrong with that, it’s what Wests fans do.

1 Like

Dont worry, I wasn’t turning up when we were good either.

9 Likes

Consistency is :key:

To be fair, Wests fans haven’t really got the ‘turn up when they’re winning’ part right yet either, can’t give them too much credit.

1 Like

Younger son & younger daughter want to go to game. Twins & Mrs Lefty want to go out & about. I’ve been outvoted.

I’ll enable the alerts on my flashscore app so I can say fuck very loudly in public when we concede a goal. :+1:

1 Like

We’ve been bad all season and at this point I’m just lining the pockets of Hemmes when I could be at home napping.

1 Like

I’ll be there, the boy has been asked to be a mascot so he is super pumped to walk out with the players.

1 Like

We aren’t bad thou.

We’re terrible.

3 Likes

We’re gonna win 3-1.

1 Like