Round 23 - Perth vs Sydney FC - 3/4/24

Brattan has had a huge game tonight, just a very calm and settled presence in midfield. The main outlet for us when we win a turnover, on top of the huge amount of defensive work he’s done.

10 Likes

Not convinced he didn’t just hit the ref on purpose to waste some time then too.

2 Likes

Jesus Perth are making some dumb mistakes

Carn lads. Squeaky bum time!

Redders has been solid tonight has pulled of a few saves

2 Likes

My main takeaway from tonight is that Perth are fucking terrible. Two points dropped.

7 Likes

Huge effort boys

2 Likes

So we’ve now played over 250 minutes in 4 games with 9 men this season and come away with three draws and one loss. Amazing effort from the boys but holy fuck they’re making it hard on themselves.

4 Likes

That’s a hard earned point.

Good lads

2 Likes

Huge point that. Gave us absolutely no hope of hanging on after how over run we got in the second half.

Yeah he’s had a great game, a lot of the saves were routine but there were some tough reaction saves in there.

Mammoth effort. JGR needs some time off to think about things. Could end up being a very valuable point.

A bit disappointed that we conceded off a set piece in the end.

I will take that point like a win.

Long away trip, short turnaround, an hour with 10 men…

That’s a win in my books.

Perth are out of the finals race.

2 Likes

Keeps melb city 5 away from us great defensive effort the whole game bravo boys.

Good result, but honestly that was rank from Perth. Needed a set piece to avoid defeat :joy:

It might be forgotten but that first half an hour was some of the best football I’ve seen from us in years. I hope a senior player or two impresses upon JGR that games can change in a moment like it did tonight.

Did anyone know our body clocks think its almost midnight?

Lot of graft. Not a lot of craft.

Dissapointing. Excepted to get 3 points.

Pls vote MOTM before bed

2 Likes

So Perth with new owners, They’ll be looking for a big off-season with recruitment. 5 seasons now missing the finals in a row.

With Staj at the helm, some decent recruitment opportunities, the only way for them is up.

Good effort to salvage a point out of that. Those blokes must be absolutely spent. Disappointed in JGR, but hopefully he’ll learn from it.