Round 24 - Sydney FC vs Adelaide - 12/04/22

Our midfield was being overrun? Nonsense. We sat back and they didn’t create shit. Barely any pressure to concede three goals from.

2 Likes

The World Game? More like the World of Pain Game, amirite?

2 Likes

Basketball is the real sport.

Go Nuggets!

1 Like

I blame Kosta.

No, but seriously, why the fuck didn’t Redmayne come and claim that FK? Even after all the butchered chances, one bit of confident “come and claim” goalkeeping and we’re in the box seat for finals still. Let them equalise from 3 fucking yards and then shit the bed in injury time….

FWIW I thought Wilko had a good game. Made a mental note of an absolutely boss header on the 70 minute mark, Goodwin had taken advantage of an injured Warland playing him onside and Alex hauled arse to get back and win what (at the time) was a crucial header.

Oh wells, we had the opposite up in Gosford where everything in both boxes went our way. We dominated the actual football contest tonight but like too much of the season just not good enough in either box. We don’t deserve finals, but we’re just shit enough to give this ACL group a shake!

Booker says lol.

Me trying to figure out a way we can mathematically make finals from here:

Spoiler - it’s not looking good.

Adelaide are as good as gone. They have an easy run in, 3 points ahead with a game in hand. Wellington will be lifted by some home games and have now 4 games in hand and are only 1 point behind.

So that leaves 6th place - basically need to hope that Macarthur shit the bed, and to a lesser extent CCM and Jets drop points too.

I give us a 10% chance of making the 6. I hate that I have been reduced to this level of coping. ALF should have put away that chance to make it 3-1 FFS…

1 Like

Highlight of the night, sister in law getting 3 from 3 in the half time quiz. No idea how.

This fucking sucks donkey dick.

Everybody out.

2 Likes

Calling it now, we will end up in 6th position, welly will over take us but MacArthur will totally fuck it up. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush or some shit like that

Honestly I can’t wait for this season to end covids killed it games played are all over the place sides have less games than others or more.What a botched up season for the league.

I hope at least some results go our way so that the home game against Victory has some meaning to it and can pull an OK crowd. Crowd tonight was 4,180 which is actually not bad considering the circumstances. Shows the value of playing in December/Jan when kids are on holidays. Heaps of kids around tonight.

1 Like

Final curtain call. Did we win?

1 Like

Your absence earned us two goals scored

Your fate-tempting comments cost us three goals conceded.

3 Likes

Hybrid’s underwear and Clovis’ ballet posts have really ruined what could have otherwise been a decent season.

5 Likes

First blemish for the designated lucky pair tonight, my bad. :sweat_smile:

Remember there were 2 pairs, true story, the first ones that lost at Bankwest were literally only worn that once and washed twice (pre-wear and post-derby). Upon going to wear a second time I noted they had a hole due to substandard stitching and are now the subject of a warranty replacement with the good folks at Step One. Let that be a lesson to future undergarments, lose a derby and I WILL bin you!

This pair… well, they didn’t see the shitshow up in Newcastle as I was away in Qld that week. They certainly failed tonight though.

3 Likes

The problem is that there are 13 games involving teams that can realistically catch us (Mariners, Newcastle, Wellington, Macarthur), and teams 5th or lower on the table.

PERvWP, MACvBR, WSWvCCM, WPvCCM, WSWvNJ, NJvCCM, WPvWSW, MACvNJ, BRvCCM, PERvWSW, CCMvNJ, WSWvWP, MACvWSW

That’s a lot of points available.

The best-case scenario where we rely on the teams that can’t catch us (Perth, Brisbane) and we won’t catch (Melbourne teams and Adelaide) winning out, and all other games ending in draws, we get: Wellington 33, Macarthur 31, Mariners 30, Newcastle 29.

Realistically at least 4 or 5 of those 9 draws will end in someone actually winning, Wellington probably beats Perth, Brisbane probably drops some points to Macarthur and Mariners, and we need 3-4 points from our last two games to scrape through.

I can’t blame Corica tonight, I know he made some subs tonight when we were up 2-1 but he’s not missing those sitters up front.

I’m not even upset about the loss as i told Danny Townsend, This squad isn’t making the finals.

Wilkinson for me has to go. He’s had a great career and he’s looked great with Bujis and Mcgowan next to him. Unfortunately the waving of the arms doesn’t quite work anymore and the old warhorse has to retire.

Somebody on here said Grant has been dreadful this year and i agree. He’s played a few good games and that’s it.

Retre giving away the free kick and Redmayne not even coming out for the cross is comedy at it’s very best.

Le Fondre has scored 6 goals this year and 3 came last week, I don’t think he scored more than 5 last year and we have signed this guy for another season?

Trent missed a heap of chances too but at least he scored.

One thing we can look forward too is Talbutt, Absolutely love the way he plays and hope we can hold on to Yazbek.

Also hearing that the Mariners have signed Wood, Is this true?

Otherwise we aren’t making the finals and hopefully recruitment can start soon.

Danny T did the right thing by leaving and i’m hoping Corica and Wilko do the same with a host of other players shown the door.

It’s time for a massive re build.

I can’t imagine that we’d be giving him this much game time in the NPL ahead of other kids if this was the case.

For example, when Western United came in and tapped up Jerry Skotadis for their inaugural squad, we released him from our NPL team and he moved to Sutherland for a while before the first WU preseason started.

1 Like

However he has been mysteriously out of favour in Corica’s selections, and that seemed to happen quite suddenly. The rumour has legs imo. He put in some good performances then basically stopped get selected all of a sudden a few weeks ago, some people here did think that it was odd from memory…

1 Like

Also coincided with Narsingh arriving and taking that spot.

My interpretation is that we made the call that it was better for his development to get regular game-time in NPL (where I think he’s currently top-scorer?) than occasional bits and pieces off the bench with seniors.

2 Likes