Round 25 - Adelaide vs Sydney FC - 29/05/21

Which team?

We need more commentary

That HAS to be red. Studs up, two feet sliding in.

Elsey is lucky to still be on the ground

legbreaker from Elsey from adelaide…borderline red on second viewing.

The fuck that isn’t red?

1 Like

They owe us one game-changing call after that shitty penalty they gave against Brattan last time.

The only thing that saved him is that he got quite a bit of the ball.

Has to be a red card

They’re really rubbing it in by cross-promoting other sports during the A-League coverage this week.

Adelaide get a lot of luck with refereeing decisions at home. They’re a bunch of fucking hacks and they don’t get punished appropriately for this sort of shit. The fact that Elsey apparently got some of the ball is completely irrelevant. He went flying in with studs, two-footed. Dangerous and reckless.

5 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking but really should be a red. Hopefully gets in the refs head for the 2nd half that he dudded us.

Just saw the replay. Ref was right there. Makes it worse.

1 Like

The more times you look at the replay, the worse it looks

Superb half. Should be 3 goals and a man up (when even Cornflakes calls it…). What the fuck is VAR for again?

Back four excellent, King again stepping up. Papi getting out of spots with ridiculous feet. And as testament said that ball from Brattsy to Rhyan was sooo good.

Let’s just go on with it. :crossed_fingers: :beer:

3 Likes

I’m strongly in the anti-VAR camp, but if it doesn’t tell the ref to take another look at that tackle what’s the point of having it?

Also doing a lot of promoting for Foxtel’s other channels and benefits during ad breaks. Way more than I normally get on Kayo. Desperately trying to make sure people don’t ditch their subscriptions.

:eyes:

1 Like

Nothing, it actively makes officiating worse by allowing on-field officials to cop out on marginal calls.

1 Like

VAR is there exclusively to give ridiculous penalties that make a mockery of the spirit of the handball rule and to overrule the assistant referee on offside decisions well inside the technology’s margin of error.

4 Likes

Grrrr missing the game coz Foxtel Go is down - Kayo too evidently.

Great to see ALF score early

For those who can see, how are we playing?

ok yeah that’s a red…my first instinct turned out to be right.