Round 26 - Brisbane vs Sydney FC - 10/5/22

This game for both sides is an audition for the upcoming A League All Stars thing so it’s very important that it’s taken seriously.

1 Like

Can we change the name of the all-stars to leftovers?

1 Like

Yes!!!

Wood starts

A very 2022-23 line up?

Also there is JUST enough time for new Better Call Saul on Stan before kick-off.

1 Like

I would certainly hope not

I presume Ninko & Bobo are already on the cans. At least we have the two right 10’s in the great man’s absence, and FWIW I reckon Elvis has had all his best games starting at 9, he can do some damage when dropping in between the lines and turning to run at defenders.

Surprised ALF is on the bench, cavalcade of youth and passengers alongside him. So given the circumstances I don’t hate that XI.

I would expect that we would also sign a significant amount of new players including multiple foreigners and marquee spots.

What I’m getting at is that the line up seems absent of likely departures. Kosta, Donachie, Bobô, maybe Redmayne? Le Fondre?

Maybe Amini remains undecided?

1 Like

That’s a good starting 11 players, but can it work?
I hope Yaz is instructed to focus on staying home, & let Amini get up and down.

There’s a game on.

The team that holds the ball the most wins, right?

And it’s so much more positive and better. Hard to believe this is the same team.

I don’t know, we look pretty useless. Just like every week

1 Like

Maxi has real shades of Brett Holman in that he looks more like he should be playing Sunday park football and smashing a durry at HT than a pro. Dunno if it’s the socks, the physique or the languid style… then he just busts out the mad tekkers and skips around blokes for fun. Always entertaining to watch.

2 Likes

Who is the bloke commentating on Paramount? I know we’re nothing to get excited about but he sounds like he’s covering archery at the Commonwealth Games…

1 Like

There was no contact for that foul.

Are you sure we are not watching archery?

1 Like

Kamsoba with the Trent-esque trampoline touch.