Round 26 - Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets 5pm 29/4/2023

Was it their intention to make Corica look like a classical era vampire?

10 Likes

By heavyweight he means dead weights, surely?

Weā€™d do more damage as a paper weight being thrown at opposition teams.

I believe he was talking about the uni students in the cove.

2 Likes

The SFC concussion protocol involves doing a meet and greet in the Clubhouse at half time.

Someone tell him to get a haircut for me

So, presumably the goal for tomorrow is to either deliberately lose 5 or 6-nil (Hoping Nix win their game and add 3 points and at least +1GD), or to play a sub team and avoid injuries because weā€™re playing the team we lost 4-nil to in March?

Eww. No. Seriously? Youā€™re that scared of them? As a foundation member, Iā€™d cancel in an instant if our club was that cowardly.

1 Like

I was joking. I, of course, donā€™t want the club to throw a game, much less badly losing it, to avoid playing the Wanderers.

I doubt the players are overly concerned about who they play so long as theyā€™re in finals, and travel-wise, Parramatta is obviously preferable for them than Adelaide.

But, yes, I donā€™t particularly want a 4th derby. Derbies are extremely stressful regardless of each teamā€™s form or recent results and most of the action happens online and between fans than between players on the pitch. With the added discussion of a boycott, having a derby final makes things quite complicated, and Iā€™ve made no secret of wanting to avoid them in finals (I did in 2017 too when we were much better than them) and Iā€™m not ashamed to admit it. But you get another chance to see your hero, Ninkovic, so youā€™re probably well-stoked.

Nice job quoting part of my comment and not the part where I said we should rest players because we have a very big finals game the following Saturday.

I make absolutely no apologies for the fact that derbies are not one of my favourite fixtures. Iā€™m compelled to go, because itā€™s a derby, and I want to be there for the team, but thereā€™s so much discussion of bullshit things like supposed class differences which barely, if at all, exist between the clubs and fanbases, puff pieces dedicated to traitors who walk away after 7 seasons and talk shit about the fans who loves them, I barely get to enjoy the game itself.

By comparison, we have a huge rivalry with Victory which predates the derby, but I much prefer those games. Itā€™s a pure rivalry, without the label of derby, the away fans are usually very committed rather than one-off walk-ups, and I enjoy travelling to Victoria for those games too. And I get to just be proud of my city, rather than media trying to split the city in two.

Bold stance.

The derbies suck. They are almost always no fun at all, so much phony ā€œhateā€ and too many people trying to show off to their cockspank mates how tough they are, or people desperate to get in a picture on an ultras instagram.

I stopped attending them a long time ago. I prefer to go to football to have fun watching the game with mates, not getting spat on for wearing a blue coloured shirt.

I hear what youā€™re saying, but I feel like the derbies in the past 3 years or so havenā€™t been the same.

Itā€™s as if the wannabe ultras got bored of losing and left, and the people who stayed are there to watch the game. No dickheadry like there used to be before and after games. Itā€™s become a more sterile affair that feels similar to a game against any other team.

1 Like

^^ agreed, itā€™s way tamer outside the stadium these days, which is a good thing.

1 Like

Happy for Segecic but would have liked to see another young player start. Hope Gurd, Kucharski and Girdwood-Reuch get some decent minutes (on before 75) off the bench

Good to see Segecic get a start, hope he does well. Would have preferred a youngin instead of Donchie but oh well

FMD. If Brattan gets booked while JGR is on the bench Iā€™ll be waiting for Corica in the car park.

2 Likes

Why is Brattan playing? He will definitely get another yellow now

1 Like

We deserve whatever happens to us now.

And by that I mean Sega hattrick

Also fuck I canā€™t wait to boo when Buhagiar is subbed on

1 Like

If you booā€™d him when he played for us then why stop now? :wink: