Round 27 - Sydney FC vs Perth - 28/4/24

Man needs a song to the tune of ‘So Lonely’ by The Police.

1 Like

So, aside from the Toddler Finale, win and we are guaranteed to finish 4th and host Macarthur in an elimination final.

Don’t win and it depends on the City result, we could still finish 5th and play away to Macarthur instead, or actually drop to 6th and play away in Melbyville.

2 Likes

But do you have the inside word on the form for the toddler final?

1 Like

I reckon we’re in for an absolute cracker today.

With a 3:45pm starters gun, that’s primetime (assuming the little tackers have their afternoon naps in the car on the way to the track).

Wake up as the car is parked, get in, load up on some ice cream or jelly snakes to get the energy levels pumped, and then showtime!

We’ll see some records tumble today.

9 Likes

Probably also a few toddlers

5 Likes

I hope the martials will be testing for red cordial & frogs and other performance enhancing substances. Need to keep this race clean!!

This race will be more juiced than the Enhanced Games.

Young boys straight back in.

Fabio been given the tap?

1 Like

Hamstring niggle according to the twitter

1 Like

That’s probably what was wrong with him last week too :wink:

1 Like

Will Lolley’s one trick work this week or are we in for a more frustrating time than a night at the rippers?

Nice.

That was a beautifully directed header…

2 Likes

Yup great header. What a turn-around in impression in a single season from JCP. Amazing.

5 Likes

Bloody hell he was in again. Really should have scored from there.

1 Like

Perth are fucking terrible.

1 Like

Hey we have more than one route to goal… theres Lolley cutting in but also…um

• Brattan dink to Rhyno, who tamely heads it up for a centre half to woof clear
  • Any outfield player attempting a short from 30+ yards failing to hit the target
  • Caceres or Burgess jink past their man then run the ball into touch (or the third defender)
  • Mak gets the ball inside 12 yards and then somehow in slow motion turns and dribbles a shot my grandmother would think slow straight at the keeper
  • we play perfect triangle passes up the field, making a mockery of opponent defensive structure, then demonstrate attacking mindset with a slow angled cross in from fullback to our shortest striker

Sometimes I feel like we score when we mess up one of these Sydney FC standard plays

5 Likes

Good save from Redders there. Matthews doing reasonably well too. I love defenders that dont panic and just try to put as much pressure on the man as possible without giving away the bad foul or getting sent off.

3 Likes

Somehow those slow turns still leave defenders clutching air enough to make him one of the biggest in the box threats in the league. It always looks so odd. Maybe it’s because he’s pretty nuggety.

1 Like