Round 3 - Sydney FC vs Adelaide - 23/10/22

Ahh, he’s picked up the Zullo (1-week) curse.

I was worried with MZ departing, our physio team would be left without much work to do. Good guy Sydney FC signing a player that will keep them employed full time.

1 Like

Well no, because Zullo gaves us 3 great years’ service before the calf moved in.
What we are potentially looking at here is a Sturridge curse.
edit: but I really fucking hope not

We should never have given him the number sicks shirt.

4 Likes

At what point could we bring in an injury replacement? Rodwell was always our riskiest move

I posted about it in the WU match thread but Corica mentioned Wilko and Rodwell are a ‘couple of weeks’ away. Probably miss this weekend and maybe 2 more games. They are probably 50/50 to feature in the derby, would be great if Rodwell could be back for the derby to add some fire to it.

Thinking this.

What’s the actual rule around injury replacement players? As in do they have to be confirmed to be out for a certain portion of the season? I would imagine so otherwise you’d get players coming in on IR deals to replace shit foreigners all the time.

You’d need to wait till January to get someone decent, so fairly pointless going down the IR route at this point unless there just happened to be someone sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

There are four rounds left before the WC break, so plenty of time for them to get fit. Ideally we’d have one back for Macarthur, but otherwise we aren’t exactly playing any world beaters between now and December.

The fact there hasn’t been an official announcement on either is worrying.

No news is good news?

The club generally only makes official announcements on injuries when it’s a serious, long-term injury. If the club are only mentioning injuries when asked in pressers suggests they’re not too concerned by the length of time the player is expected to be out, or the injury itself.

Sainsbury is training with Melb City. Get him in for a few weeks.

2 Likes

I think the fans deserve an update, being in limbo sucks. It’s your captain and star recruit we’re talking about, not some fringe prospect.

Maybe just me though.

1 Like

My gut feeling is that the club is being silent on it to not give too much away to opponents, but both won’t feature the next few games which will take us into the WC break, and only return after.

Rodwell’s injuries are all in his head. There is absolutely no way someone can be injured for as long as he has been while receiving some of the best medical treatment you can get.
That or he is completely unprofessional in his rehabilitation, preparation and recovery.

Either way, there was never any indication that his signing would go any other way. He had the world’s longest offseason to get his body right and “breaks down” on the eve of the season. Whoever signed off on bringing him in needs to have serious questions asked of their competence.

I realise all signings carry a risk of failure but I cannot fathom that there wasn’t another option out there with a lower risk to ability ratio than Jack Rodwell.

3 Likes

Looks like we can go on the grass after the game Sunday? Closest I got was the entrance to the tunnel during the community day.

For real?

Thought he had a gig in Qatar?

He does but it appears they’re on off-season break.

Zullo training at the Roar

2 Likes

And Kruse?

Pitch seems to have survived Bruno fairly well.

I think he’s in Bazil?

2 Likes