Round 4 - Macarthur vs Sydney FC - 29/10/22

Is it though? We’re from Sydney and they’re from MacArthur.

1 Like

My first trip to Cambelltown Stadium. What’s the parking situation usually like? Any tips?

Big car park on the Western side of the Train station

Parking around the back of the league’s club can be a bit iffy.

Don’t leave any valuables where the locals can see them. Or heavily tint your windows.

A bit of a stretch calling this fixture the Sydney Derby.

Edit: ignore my post, noticed the other further up the thread.

Just went to buy tickets for this and when searching for “Macarthur” on the Ticketek app it only brings up their away games. No home games listed at all. I’m thinking Campbelltown must be through Ticketmaster.

Go to KeepUp, click the link to buy tickets through there and it takes me to… Ticketek. :rofl:

https://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=MACSYD23

Cheers. The KeepUp link does go to the right place to buy, Ticketek just continuing to reach new levels of incompetence by not being able to search for the games there directly.

I would have thought that now he is at Macarthur, Dom Bossi would have got right into sorting out ticketing and pricing. A better marketing strategy sits right in front of their eyes.
It’s not hard to do the numbers: e.g. 4,000 punters at $30 per head is the same revenue as 8,000 punters at $15 per head. But the first option makes the club look like a loser, while the second makes it look like a winner to its own players and fans, local media and local government, local suburban football clubs in the area and, importantly for finances - the club sponsors. Your matches look and sound much better on TV/Streaming and all of sudden, your home matches become a thing that locals will want to go to, with kids leading their parents there. Also you get to sell twice the level of food and drinks plus more merch and you get to have more political leverage with local council, state government etc. when they see the numbers you represent. Get on to it, Dom!

2 Likes

If you’re not being facetious, I don’t think Dom can influence ticket pricing. He’s their head of media, not on the commercial side.

They’re not going to halve the price of tickets, but even if they did, they’re probably only selling a handful more, not increasing their sales by 100%.

You also make the bold assumption that they’d draw 8000 every home game if the ticket price was dropped to $15…

2 Likes

Probably would’ve had more impact if he wrote more on the topic while still at the Herald.

I think we should be able to win this. Obviously the defense is the question, again, but Macarthur haven’t been THAT good this year.

I think if they let people in for free, they still wouldn’t get 8,000. And I think they know that too.

But cheaper ticket prices still make sense to me as a long term strategy, less revenue now but you need to attract people to games over a longer term.

1 Like

These are your best two spots for parking.

If you’re happy to have a little walk, there’s limited parking on Airds road, and the surrounding area is very heavy industrial area. You can quite usually snake a park on an Industrial street, usually amongst parked up semi-trailers and delivery trucks.

There’s more RSL club parking on Pembroke Road, but I dont think that’s free. You also might be able to snake a park in the Ingleburn Hotel, which is across Old Leumeah Road to the left of the map (few minutes walk to the ground).

Bottom left is the Outback Steakhouse. That’s got a bit of parking, and they probably won’t notice. Not bad for a post-game feed.

3 Likes

Maybe they could kill two birds with one stone. They could talk to the prisons in Sydney, get the prisoners there on day trips for games. They bump up their crowds and at the same time, assist in dropping the crime rate throughout the city! Only thing would be, we’d have to confirm with the UN whether this would breach the Geneva Convention

Pretty sure this was the business model behind the Wanderers.

7 Likes

Assumed it was their recruitment process to get the likes of Bulut, Baccus and (allegedly) Tongyik on the park.

1 Like

Explains why there is such a high presence of Public Order & Riot Squad police at their games.

Alf is injured this week. Assume Wood starts now (think it’s more likely than Mak at CF and Segecic starting)