Round 6 - 2019/20 Discussion

I love that the FFA said a big part of their bid getting up was their stadium proposal. Crickets now…

1 Like

Nice block Blackhead,hit some wood!

Absolute comedy capers in defence through out from CCM. Gallifuoco a complete bozo at #6 , only redeeming aspect was Tommy Oar whose pin point crossing sadly died in the arse about the same time Matty came on. Some nice turns from Silvera but rarely much end product which was a pity .

With even a decent number 9 this Mariners side would be really competitive. As it is they are relying on shots from midfield or Oar/DDS doing something great. They would have to be one of the bluntest teams this competition has seen.

Nice finish from Thurgate

WU have been shocking, lucky to only be 1-0 down.

That’s been coming.

VAR check…

Can never celebrate straight away anymore with this new technology. Right decision though.

This WU game actually presents decently enough on TV. Yeah, there’s lots of empty seats but the Western Service Crew* add some flair (and are positioned more to the side, so in regular camera view.) and there are quite a few people sitting close to the sideline. Just looks bad when they pad out or show either end of the goals.

*Still can’t believe this is their actual name.

Would love to know how many passes have to take place after an offside for it to be ignored. The whole “in the build up” is pretty loose. I’m glad it was overturned though, would rather Newy win this game based on the table.

It used to be from when the attacking team took possession

Wow, can you imagine what it would be like in the Roarcelona days when Brisbane scored a goal after 50 odd passes or something?

Entertaining, that was nicely set up with Jets sitting back and despite offering little all half you could almost see them pinching a 2nd on the counter somehow. That ball from Burgess to Pain though, ooft.

Has Bozza been paid-off this season to be pro VAR? Obviously very clear tonight, but each round, even when the majority would agree that VAR got it wrong, he’s been very clear in is opinion that VAR is good and they are consistently getting the calls right. Despite the multiple controversies this season, he just mentioned that there was only one instance where VAR perhaps got it wrong.

MacLaren puts City up.

I reckon he’s just resigned to VAR and decided tone down the negativity.

That’s when you turn up the ruckus.

Yay for putting MacLaren back into my fantasy team.

I didn’t think he’d start. FFS. :roll_eyes: