Round 6 - 2019/20 Discussion

Fucks sake, that looked in too. We need goal line tech pronto.

I’m not watching but from the pictures, this stadium looks ace even with just under 10k in it.

That shot is exiting the stadium, let alone the field of play

Crazy game, Brisbane up 4-3 after being 2-0 down at HT

Wow that looks like an atrocious VAR decision. I can’t believe players aren’t allowed to stop themselves from getting the ball right into their face from 2 metres away. What else is he supposed to do? We can’t claim to be taking concussion seriously and also require players to just stand there and take it from that range.

1 Like

Handball used to be a simple thing, when I was a young boy.

It’s getting to the point where its just like FIFA where you turn handballs on and just smack your free kick as hard as you can into the wall hoping for a handball your way. Things like this, as well as smacking the ball as hard as you can into an opponent blocking your way, are going to become a legitimate tactic. FIFA are to blame here. Ridiculous rule change.

1 Like

Yeah i think that call is going to spark a bit of discussion on handballs. Especially since i’m pretty sure in the women’s game they can use their arm to block a shot/ball that would otherwise hit their breasts, and for good reason. I see no reason why the same concession shouldn’t be made for a ball hitting a head point blank.

At this rate it will become a tactic much like deliberately hitting the ball into an opponents foot in hockey.

Is that because we were at a stage in evolution whereby we had yet to develop hands?

Yet we had managed to learn how to hunt pigs, butcher them and turn their stomach into a football.

They were strange days.

1 Like

I believe that success was born from refined hunting techniques learned through a video review system.

Strange days indeed.

No no no.

In those days we took the word of the adjudicator. Calls were calls. Men were man and women were hot in leopard skin.

2 Likes

I believe the men also wore leopard skin.
The kit clash at the first Shirts vs Skins match made for a terrible viewing experience that wasn’t to be repeated until Brisbane and Adelaide both wore their home kits against each other.

1 Like

well the most recent champions league final was kinda decided on this