Round 6 - Sydney FC vs WSW - 12/11/22

:peach: and :baguette_bread: at the ready

Remember when these cunts rocked up to Parramatta at home against Perth all those years back :rofl: :rofl:

I wonder if any of them are still around, doubt it knowing after what happened with West Sydney Terrace, seems like a club fit for supporters who crave attention.

Encouraging everyone that I can to come and support the boys, losing against Melbourne at our opening of the new stadium was enough farce for one season. Perfect game to turn that disaster around and make it our home, odds against us but hopes and prayers.

Wanderers are at an insane value of 3.60 so any betters out there who often jinx us, please unload your paychecks on them winning.

Seems to be be more Wanderers supporters forking out the cash for our home game than using their season tickets/membership for their own. They do love a spectacle.

Is away active in the corner, as with other games, or at the opposite end?

In the above, bay 4 & 5 was active, bay 3, 2, 1 were away bronze. 205 and 204 are away silver. Looks like they will have 3-4k there, mostly non-active but it’d be their best away turnout in years.

The top tier East is 90% sold out now, they’ll likely open up the West upper tier soon.

Optimistically we could be in reach of a sellout if tickets keep selling well this week, though I think it’s more likely we’ll get mid to high 30s.

A sellout would be amazing but even mid 30ks would be a pretty epic atmosphere

3 Likes

I’m 100% being petty, but I’m not a fan of our CEO praising the opposition fans and the club retweeting it. Thanks for the money, I guess. 🤷🏽

3 Likes

At least the club is hopefully starting to make some money again after a few lean years at Kogarah

3 Likes

A few years ago at a members thing (Maybe the one at the SCG just before the old SFS closed?) Danny showed a slide in which he stated SFC had barely broken even, with Victory the only club making a slight profit? Bizarre.

1 Like

2 Likes

First derby in the new ground, first for me in the press box.

Just don’t lose.

Angry Arnold summed it up pretty succinctly: we can’t stop goals from coming in, they can’t score. Should be interesting.

I’m hoping we can push 40k, but agree that it’ll most likely be around the 35k mark.

3 Likes

Toast ultras

6 Likes

I’ve not been this excited for a game since the first game in the new stadium

4 Likes

That was the first game I took my now wife too.

IIRC that was the John Aloisi net controversy game.

2 Likes

Horrifically pessimistic about this one. And it’s only Tuesday.

Mind you, I generally am going into derbies. I assume the worst, hope for the best. But with our defense thinner than a receding hairline, I feel like they’re going to be up for this more than we are. I’m not confident in Corica’s ability to fire the team up pre-game, not with our history of starting slower than a truck up a hill.

Hopefully Grant or one of the more senior lads takes the team and shoves a rocket everybody’s arses pre-game, and we come out hungrier than a pitbull at a postie.

I’m predicting a minimum of one red card, at least two shirtfronting all-ins, three controversial refereeing decisions, four flares from the Wanderers and a minimum of five beers consumed by me at the ground.

5 Likes

This should have been the opening post of the thread imo:

6 Likes

I didn’t interpret this as him praising the opposition fans. He’s just stating that facts, huge sales for Wanderers fans in particular. If anything, it could motivate Sydney fans who are sitting on the fence to purchase a ticket to make sure they are there to support their team (and enjoy the atmosphere).

Who?

Yeah the ball went through the net and it was initially given as goal kick but then goal was awarded.

I was behind the goal.

3-2 win, which paved the way to our 2-0 win vs MV on 14/2/2010.

2 Likes

Ticket purchased and I would like to make an offering of 12859 to the Pax Gods, may they live forever in our hearts and our wallets!

The pax seems low considering the only tickets available were in cove heights or some of the top corners and even they were selling out. The more expensive, there was only single tickets left plus away bays

It’s weird that CH is one of the available areas, given that’s actually been quite full both home games so far.
I’d blame it on the typical weirdo seat release process