Round 7 - 2019/20 Discussion

They count heads,so halve that for the number of bodies.

1 Like

Schwegler is the new Polenz. I can’t stand him.

2 Likes

I think some of city’s defending perhaps flattered them a bit, but I think WSW are looking a lot better in attack now than they were in the last few seasons. The problem they have is that they only seem to be able to effectively defend when they park the bus (i.e once they get a goal up). If they are level or behind and need to score they seem to expose themselves and become disorganised defensively.

Yeah I finally watched the derby back in full the other day. I’m amazed he stayed on the park, could’ve been booked 3 times, only got 1 for the handbags. That in itself was amusing, about a minute after accusing Grant of diving (having been shoved in the back), he goes down like a sack of shit himself.

It’s one thing to be a hard man. It’s another to be a thug who then also goes down like a bitch at the slightest contact.

2 Likes

No Jurman and they’re nowhere near as defensively solid.
Schwegler is their only decent import.
Lopar’s early season luck is leaving him and although he is an upgrade on Vedran, he’s hardly worth spunking a visa spot on a la Kurto.
Ziegler has cost them more in medical bills than wages and looks a long way off being effective in this league.
Meier doesn’t fit their style of play, isn’t mobile enough for this league and is clearly in the twilight of his career. This is all hardly surprising considering the guy was semi-retired prior to joining them.
Muller, while still very early doors, looks well off the pace fitness wise and hasn’t had any impact so far.
Long may it continue.

1 Like

Disgraceful “defending” from the Roar for the opener. Taylor won’t score from too many easier headers than that.

Why kick the ball at foot level when it is a defender and not a goalkeeper on the line?

How did Brisbane score four goals last week? Doesn’t look like they’re going to score, even if they played until midnight.

I think because it was City they were playing against. They are going to be absolute chaos this season. Making it look so easy one minute, next minute making Brisbane Roar look half decent…

When do Roar start to think about ditching Fowler? Even just watching the half time highlights, you can see there’s no intensity.

Not just that, but almost every time they went forward, they tried to go through the middle. So easy for Welly to defend that 90% of the time.

Their wing backs are shit and they rely on them so much. It’s silly. When Ingham came on last week he actually provided proper width and stretched things.

More quality red carpet treatment there. I thought Davila may have blown it by not releasing the player on the right but that was a pretty decent strike.

Yeah a really nice finish.

I hope this holds. Talay deserves it.

He’ll last the season, cause Fowler.

Yeah, good strike. He’s improved a lot since I slaughtered him and wrote him off in week one.

Sotirio’s diving is equivalent to his footballing ability.

2 Likes

Yeah that one there’s no mistaking and there will never be an improvement. Horrible first touch.

These kiwi commentators are hilarious /s “squeaky bum” time for Phoenix … I take it that means nervous times :man_shrugging:

Nux hold on for the 2-1 win