Round 7 - Sydney FC v Melbourne City 10/12/2022

Rod is well!

4 Likes

Looks like we will be winning the league after all.

4 Likes
1 Like

I know it’s a controversial opinion but I don’t mind the third kit. Could have been more subtle with the orange but… don’t mind it at all.

11 Likes

Sydney FC squad: 1. Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 2. James DONACHIE, 6. Jack RODWELL, 8. Paulo RETRE, 9. Adam LE FONDRE, 10. Joe LOLLEY, 11. Robert MAK, 12. Pat WOOD, 16. Patrick YAZBEK, 17. Anthony CACERES, 18. Diego CABALLO, 19. Adrian SEGECIC, 20. Thomas HEWARD-BELLE (GK), 22. Max BURGESS, 23. Rhyan GRANT, 25. Jaiden KUCHARSKI, 26. Luke BRATTAN (c), 27. Adrian VLASTELICA, 28. Jake GIRDWOOD-REICH, 29. Aaron GURD.

(2-4 to be omitted)

Ins: 6. Jack RODWELL (return from injury), 8. Paulo RETRE (return from suspension), 9. Adam LE FONDRE (return from injury)

Outs: 21. Alex PARSONS (not selected)

Unavailable: 4. Alex WILKINSON (c) (injured).

1 Like

Be funny after all the wait if Rodwell just isn’t very good

5 Likes

Yeah the way Corica has been going on about him and how much it’s hurt us with him being out…. Lot riding on this to work out

1 Like

So I guess the question is, once Rodwell is ready to start again, who partners him? You’d have to think Gurd has earned it.

Rodwell is back, straight to the top of the league.

I’m already thinking about his next injury. Will it happen this game or in training after? I’m leaning towards the latter.

Ruled out after a light jog Friday morning for sure

He’ll do a knee disembarking the team bus on the way into the stadium

1 Like

How has he not been nicknamed Rodunwell to date?

5 Likes

This will reveal Corica genius and Rodwell will be the catalyst in a stunning return to form as we sweep all before us on the field.

Then after training finishes….

5 Likes

I’m bringing a mate and his 4 year old son for their first games. We will grab a feed somewhere beforehand and arrive a little early. Any suggestions from those who bring their little ones? Is the pre-match stuff outside good fun for kids of that age? I’ve always ignored it and headed to the bar …

If the dad approves, encourage him to bring an ipad or have his phone fully charged. 90 minutes + is a lot to keep a 4 year old occupied

Also ensure your mate is to miss every goal because he was taking his kid to the toilet.

2 Likes

Sounds wise. Thankfully it was his idea!

I’m sure he’s trialled the current team with no injuries on Football Manager 2023 and it won the league at a canter

1 Like