Round 7 - Sydney FC vs Wellington - 8/12/18

Yes. Only because I think the midfield balance is a little off. We are playing with two DM’s when we don’t have the quality of Adrian or an inform Ninko in front of them like last year.

I’d be okay with dropping Brilliante. Hasn’t been anywhere near good enough. If Zuvela wasn’t out injured I’d be trying him at CM/DM.

1 Like

Id be on the side of caution and a bit of bravado and say lets give Siem another week to be ready as its the Nux. Which means we’ll lose 3-0 now

If he has been in full training for a couple of weeks then 10-15 minutes might do him the world of good.

Edit: obviously the club medical and fitness staff know better than I do so I’m comfortable with their decision.

Covic signed as short term cover…

Sydney FC v Wellington Phoenix
Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah
Saturday, 8 December 2018
Kick-Off: 5:35PM (Local) (5:35PM (AEDT))

Referee: Jonathan Barreiro
Assistant Referee 1: Owen Goldrick
Assistant Referee 2: James Cleal
Fourth Official: Ben Abraham
VAR: Jarred Gillett

Sydney FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 2.Aaron CALVER, 4.Alex WILKINSON, 5.Jop van der LINDEN, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Michael ZULLO, 8.Paulo RETRE, 9.Adam LE FONDRE, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 11.Daniel DE SILVA, 13.Brandon O’NEILL, 14.Alex BROSQUE ©, 20.Alex CISAK (gk), 21.Charles LOKOLI-NGOY, 22.Siem DE JONG, 23.Rhyan GRANT, 24.Cam DEVLIN, 31. Luke IVANOVIC.

two to be omitted

Ins: 11.Daniel DE SILVA (return from unavailability due to loan agreement), 22.Siem DE JONG (return from injury)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 3.Ben WARLAND (foot – 3 weeks), 12.Trent BUHAGIAR (ACL – indefinite), 19.Chris ZUVELA (knee – indefinite),

Wellington Phoenix Squad: 4.Mandi SOSA, 6.Dylan FOX, 8.Mitch NICHOLS, 9.Nathan BURNS, 11.David WILLIAMS, 13.Liberato CACACE, 14.Alex RUFER, 15.Michal KOPZCYNSKI, 16.Louis FENTON, 18.Sarpreet SINGH, 19.Tom DOYLE, 20.Oliver SAIL (gk), 21.Roy KRISHNA, 22.Andrew DURANTE ©, 23.Max BURGESS, 27.Steven TAYLOR, 30.Zac JONES (gk) 40.Ante Covic (gk)

two to be omitted

Ins: 6.Dylan FOX (promoted) 8.Mitch NICHOLS (promoted) 19.Tom DOYLE (promoted) 30.Zac JONES (promoted) 40.Ante COVIC (gk) (new signing – injury replacement)

Outs: 1.Filip KURTO (gk) (injured - 1 week), 3.Reuben WAY (not selected), 5.Ryan LOWRY (suspended -1 week)

Unavailable: Nil

Oh man Nichols and Covic back on the pitch together would be wonderful.

Coincidentally that’s actually his average playing time between injuries.

I think Charles should start. Give him maximum chance to score and increase his confidence.

We’re more likely to sign Leo Messi than have Corica start Charlie.

I have put the preview up on the front page:
https://www.sfcu.com.au/2018/12/06/preview-sydney-fc-vs-wellington-round-7-8-12-18/

Here’s how I think we will line up:

Either that or drop Retre for DDS and have SDJ come on for GOAT after 70?

I’m not as confident. I’m saying a 1-0 win and we grind it out in the last 30 minutes. Agree with everyone here that Brosque should be given a rest and De Jong should come off the bench. Meaning De Silva will quite possibly start as a second striker

In addition to the normal rail buses, there is extra express buses to Carlton from hurstville, and from central.
There is also further event buses from central & hurstville.

1 Like

That’s good but I’ll be aiming to get on one a bit before 6pm!

What time will we be heading off from the pub? Trying to figure out travel for a few people from different areas.

No mention of a march or anything on the Cove Facebook so I assume it is a more casual make-your-way-down-gradually thing.

https://www.facebook.com/TheCove23/photos/a.376447625769306/1999462476801138

The cove shop will be located outside gate c for all your merchandise needs.

1 Like

Ninkovic has a knee injury

Yes, you can tell.