Round 8 - 2019/20 Discussion

Oh I know that he’s far from the only one it’s just that Hybrid mentioned him so I looked up where he was right now.
It appears he turned down the contract in Perth with no other offers on the table and is now clubless whereas he should be a lock as one of the 2 CB’s for the NT.

Another name for your list though, former Cove lurker Ljubo Milicevic.

1 Like

1 Like

I just watched the Fox Mini Match. Was it really as one sided in Perth’s favour as it looked, particularly second half? They showed maybe two decent chances Melbourne had and that’s about it. There’s some media today about this kick-starting their season but honestly it looks like they still have no creativity and no way of dealing with opponents in midfield.

Yes Perth dominated but like every team had trouble breaking down the bus parked.

Ray Light, now at Perth, battered the shit out of Melbourne.

Perth had 2/3rds of possession, but very much by design and did very little with it. HAL site saying they had 22 shots to 11, but to be honest I don’t recall Thomas making a proper save or Perth missing a sitter.

Bruno hitting the woodwork the only genuinely unlucky moment in front of goal, and even when Perth had periods of sustained pressure Melbourne looked equally likely to hit them on the counter and get a 2nd. Good “away” performance by Melbourne, it was just in front of their own vermin. But yeah, they’re not going to win games playing like that every week, very much assisted by Perth struggling to hit barn doors atm.

Since when has pre-game chats with players during their warm-up been a thing? They just did one with Gallifuoco and it was actually quite decent. Much better than the shitty half-time interviews.

Thanks. I just switched over to be greeted by bozzas fat fucking head. And our Brosque next to him.

Now I’m conflicted about taking it off mute.

Brisbane need to move to Dolphin for the foreseeable future.

yep, much better visual and atmosphere

I think the problem is it’s a long way out of the city and inaccessible for most people. It would be like us playing out of Shark Park.

Whoever thought it was a good idea getting rid of Teo (and presumably Zelic) and putting Kosmina in the commentary box should be thrown in the bin.

1 Like

This Roar backline is a shambles. They keep playing CCM onside.

Nifty finish

Ye something needs to change up there.

God Kosmina needs to fuck off too.

Oar fucked that up hilariously and nary a whisper from the commentators.

I think it’s owned by the rugby league team so access for the second half of the season may be problematic.

Roar are reportedly paying over 500k/season for Suncorp though. I doubt the local Rugby club would say no if an offer in that magnitude was made. Even more of the roar put some money into further ground improvements, eg 3k stands behind the goals. Not sure what the answer is for Brisbane but it’s clear something needs to change. Perhaps they just need a rival.
EDIT can’t spell

Have they just started playing Hey Jude after a home win this season? Bit shit if they’re going scouse just becoz.

Also, that “Who Are We?” shit pre-game is diabolical.

Lopar again… they’re calling that a great 1 on 1 save, yeah he came out and made himself big, but again he turns away from it. He’s dead set scared of the ball, an absolute fraud of a keeper.