Round 8 - CCM vs Sydney FC - 17/12/22

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the sauce bottles are boycotting? My son really wants to see the sauce bottles but there’s no point going if they won’t be there.

2 Likes

I hope they are there, but half deflated

4 Likes

The Cove will be silent for the first 23 minutes and will boycott the Finals series.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmIQ1qJykTI/?igshid=ZmRlMzRkMDU=

4 Likes

I think Corica is way ahead of the cove when it comes to boycotting the finals

13 Likes

Seems like a great course of action. Can’t wait to make some noise at 23 minutes, should be a fun day out.

Hopefully the broadcast and commentary give the silence and walkouts a lot of attention this weekend.

I think is a good course of action. Nice and level headed

…… if we make the GF though, I will be still there to support the lads

2 Likes

If the club doesn’t want to support the fans why should the fans support the club?
And honestly, if the players are happy for this to go on then they can do one as well.

Pretty sure the players don’t have a say in the matter either

2 Likes

What do you expect the players to do exactly? Wear ‘Fuck tha APL’ armbands?

None of the players have any obligation to do or say anything about this whole thing imo, I don’t expect the players to come out and start speaking out against their own employer. They would be fools to do so.

I’d rather the players stay silent or at most say something like ‘we respect our fans and it’s up to them how to voice their opinion, we understand if they are unhappy’.

2 Likes

I could have sworn there was an interesting debate not too long ago on this very forum about a certain women’s national team and a sponsor arrangement…

I was actually going to mention a certain NSL team and the Nazi tendencies where plenty of us were arguing the players should have said something as well

1 Like

Not even the same ballpark

Maclaren and Goodwin have denounced it online.

1 Like

The PFA can come out with a statement in support of the fans by deriding the decision.
Their silence on the matter is just as deafening as our own club’s.
Get fucked if I’m going to support a bunch of guys kicking a ball about when they couldn’t give 2 fucks how the clubs and governing authority treat us.

From your mouth to those sods ears.

2 Likes

Nothing but a wet lettuce leaf

Firstly, I completely disagree with the decision…

However, a lot of the online reactions and comments about the Cove online have been so toxic and ridiculous, that I’m planning to stage a walk -in after 20 mins. Other supporters asking for unity while screeching like a pack of monkeys is not winning my support.

I’m not a massive fan of the final series and I thought the boycott of the final series struck the perfect balance between sending a message and supporting the club. However, I’ll also buy tickets for every person I know in the finals series at this rate… Fuck the dogs.

5 Likes

Can you help me understand what you mean?

They’re being being pretty harsh given how vocally The Cove social media and other Sydney supporters have been in opposing the move. Apparently the quiet plan is not enough and nothing less than a walk out is acceptable. I’m not opposed to joining the walkout but I also already paid for my ticket months ago. It doesn’t make a difference for a Mariners fan with a ticketed membership. They’re also flat out denying that Peil voted for the decision. None of us have denied Barlow’s involvement.