Round 9 - Perth vs Sydney FC - 21/12/18

Still very young for a CB too, plenty to learn from the experienced heads we’ve had in defense (and attack) over the years

Hope both he and Tratt kick on a stay a few years.

It looks like Castro will miss the game:

1 Like

Perth Glory squad: 1.Tando VELAPHI (gk), 3.Jason DAVIDSON, 4.Shane LOWRY, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 6.Dino DJULBIC, 7.Joel CHIANESE, 9.Andy KEOGH, 11.Brendon SANTALAB, 14.Chris HAROLD, 15.Brandon WILSON, 16.Tomislav MRCELA, 19.Chris IKONOMIDIS, 20.Jake BRIMMER, 22.Fabio FERREIRA, 23.Scott NEVILLE, 27.JUANDE, 33.Liam REDDY (gk), 88.Neil KILKENNY two to be omitted

Ins: 23.Scott NEVILLE (returns from injury), 27.JUANDE (returns from injury)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 2.Alex GRANT (foot – 2 weeks), 13.Matthew SPIRANOVIC (hamstring – 1 week), 17.Diego Castro (hamstring – 1 week)

Sydney FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 2.Aaron CALVER, 4.Alex WILKINSON, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Michael ZULLO, 8.Paulo RETRE, 9.Adam LE FONDRE, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 11.Daniel DE SILVA, 13.Brandon O’NEILL, 14.Alex BROSQUE ©, 18.Jacob TRATT, 20.Alex CISAK (gk), 21.Charles LOKOLI-NGOY, 22.Siem DE JONG, 23.Rhyan GRANT, 24.Cam DEVLIN, 31.Luke IVANOVIC. two to be omitted

Ins: 4.Alex WILKINSON (return from illness), 21.Charles LOKOLI-NGOY (promoted), 24.Cam DEVLIN (promoted)
Outs: 5.Jop van der LINDEN (hamstring – 3 weeks)
Unavailable: 3.Ben WARLAND (foot – 3 weeks), 12.Trent BUHAGIAR (ACL – indefinite), 19.Chris ZUVELA (knee – indefinite)

1 Like

Does anyone else cringe when Corica mentions those three words “expect to win”?

Not often that a team loses a ‘first choice’ CB to injury which actually strengthens the line up… regardless of who replaces him.

This game is a great challenge,from what Ive seen Perth have been lucky to sit top.

FC went into the City game with the “expect an Rs blasting” tag,they played that game pretty well.

It’d be nice to still have the Wizard and unleash him on Kilkenny,he is the one to stop.

2-1 loss. Not feeling good about this one.

I think tonight is the night we get our asses handed to us and expose just how badly organised and arranged we are. Corica will feel the pressure after tonight.

Perth will dominate, especially in the first half, and we won’t look like we have much control of the game, but we’ll come back with an equaliser late in the game to square it. Draw for mine.

Warland looked good last year when he was playing at CB (except in the Semi when Antonis walked passed him to score)

2-0 dull loss. Feels like ages since we had a clean sheet.

I actually think they have the kind of attack we’re set up to contain.

2-0 us.

So we’re due for one. :wink:

Only 3/13 so far this season is a concern, against City and twice against Wests. Hopefully tonight we are better set up and sit a little deeper, Calver next to a returning Wilko might force that anyways.

ALF is also due for another sausage roll, as long as he’s not isolated and we offer some support on the break then I can see us doing a smash & grab job.

I’ve also thought it all season but just check those squads again, Perth have form for it and are surely diddling the cap somehow.

Will be nice to have Brosque coming off the bench this game. At least I hope that’s what happens.

Think DDS will start?

I’m with you, but I don’t really see it.

I doubt there’ll be any changes other than enforced ones. Even then I can see a frenzied attempt to get Jop on the park so that we can continue with the 1st XI.

Apparently it’s going to be 32 degrees at kick off. Fuuuuuuck that.

Even though they are favoured, I feel Popovic will take to conservative approach, hoping we fall into their trap and, with the heat, get outpaced by their front line in the closing minutes. We cannot be relying on late moments of magic or else, we’ll go home with another L.

Very fortunate not to get a flogging last week.
Am expecting it tonight though. As has been said: will finally be found out.