Round 9 - Sydney FC vs Brisbane - 7/12/2019

BOM’s Saturday forecast isn’t showing smoke haze for tomorrow any more. It did show for the Saturday forecast until yesterday afternoon. On that, I’d be surprised if the game is affected.

1 Like

Game is on!

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for confirmation that the game is on to publish this, so here’s the preview for the game:

Previous Matches

Head-to-Head

Wins: 14 (31.1%)

Draws: 13 (28.9%)

Losses: 18 (40%)

Sydney FC record at Jubilee Stadium

Wins: 9 (64.3%)

Draws: 2 (14.3%)

Losses: 3 (21.4%)

Last 5 Matches

7/08/19 – Sydney FC 0 – 2 Brisbane

29/03/19 – Brisbane 1 – 3 Sydney FC

8/02/19 – Brisbane 2 – 1 Sydney FC

29/12/18 – Sydney FC 2 – 1 Brisbane

17/03/18 – Sydney FC 1 – 2 Brisbane

Records

Biggest Win – 3 goals (2 games):

24/11/06 – Sydney FC 3 – 0 Brisbane

8/01/18 – Brisbane 0 – 3 Sydney FC

Biggest Loss – 4 goals:

19/10/13 – Brisbane 4 – 0 Sydney FC

Most Goals in a Game – 9 goals:

15/03/15 – Sydney FC 5 – 4 Brisbane

Most Appearances vs Brisbane – Alex Brosque (28)

Most Goals vs Brisbane – Alex Brosque, Alessandro Del Piero (5)

Key Statistics

• This will likely be Michael Zullo ’s 100th competitive game for the club, making him only the 15th player to reach that milestone for us. He currently has 76 A-League, 15 FFA Cup and 8 ACL appearances. In that time has scored 2 goals and picked up 20 yellow cards.
  • Steve Corica now has had 50 games in charge of Sydney FC (38 A-League, 6 FFA Cup, 6 ACL). He has a win record of 56%, compared to Graham Arnold ’s win record of 57%.
  • Adam Le Fondre has 7 goals this season after 7 rounds. Last season he was on 6 goals after 7 rounds.

Note: Appearances and goals only include league games, finals, FFA Cup, OFC and AFC Champions League and Club World Cup.

1 Like

Bloody hell, we have a negative record against this mob. That’s hard to believe given we overturned the seemingly bigger Melbourne deficit a couple of seasons back.
Losing 3 of our last 5 against this shower is poor going.

Only club left we have a losing record against apparently. The lizard men removed licences of GCU and Fury for daring to having winning records against us.

2 Likes

It’s a bit of a weird one, isn’t it? Arnold turned it around a fair bit, but throughout the combined tenures of Kosmia, Lavicka, Corica’s interim management and Farina we played them 23 times, with a record of 4 wins, 7 draws and 12 losses. We’re still paying for that in our total win-loss record against them.

Also as a side note, we had this weird 5 game run against them:
14/7/07 - 0-0 draw (Pre-season cup) - Culina
22/9/07 - 0-1 win - Culina
25/11/07 - 0-0 draw - Kosmina
13/1/08 - 0-0 draw - Kosmina
25/1/08 - 0-0 draw (first leg of final) - Kosmina

If that doesn’t whet the appetite for a fine evening’s footballing entertainment tomorrow evening, I don’t know what does!

2 Likes

They lift to play us every time. Huge rivalry!!!1

We couldn’t give a shit.

2 Likes

This. For them it’s a massive game and they’re always up for it. I know some Roar fans and they hate SFC with a passion and see us as their number one rivals. Meanwhile, we don’t really care about them.

Reptilians.

We’re their biggest rival? Cute.

1 Like

STATE OF ORIGIN!

1 Like

These 2 pearlers help. :grimacing:

If Finsta hasn’t copped an IP ban by the end of the night I shall be upset.

1 Like

Nice try finsta, but we still don’t hate you. Very much.

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me Finsta, in keeping with the theme, the most noteworthy thing about that second clip is that was the game where Rhyan Grant first proved he was going to be the best RB in the country. MOM by a mile that day.

2 Likes

We need Cadd back for a one night appearance.

1 Like

I’m hoping Alireza puts in an improved performance from his last outing. Fingers crossed.

Is the Y-league team the same team that plays in the NSW NPL?

Here’s another reason.

1 Like