Rugby Union Thread

England put on a fantastic display against NZ - hopefully the players haven’t played their final already

Pretty much a worst case scenario final.

Brilliant

Looks like a one sided game but was gripping for ages. Two lovely lovely tries from South Africa

Secret agent Eddie playing the long game

1 Like

It was inevitable but I just read that it has happened already, Sunwolves are wrapped up and now a part of history.

With the suspension of the 2020 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the Sunwolves being declined entry into the replacement Super Rugby AU competition in Australia due to various factors, the team officially dissolved on 1 June 2020.

Rugby needs to ditch super rugby and just have a club comp here

No one cares about state teams being touched up by NZ provincial teams. And no one cares about saffa teams regardless.

I agree, on paper I like the idea of including a Japanese team in the comp, that seemed like an actual grow the game type move, but stretching a single league comp from Japan to Argentina was just too much.

At club level, it might help in the long run having home and away games you can actually attend and watch at a time that isn’t the middle of the night.

The winners of each respective domestic comp could play a “champion of champions” Super Rugby competition but flogging players all around the world for a comp that people care less and less about year on year seems a waste of time.

I heard someone on the radio a month or so back bemoaning that Super Rugby attendance was dead but the Shute Shield was strangely popular …

It’s almost as if … nah, couldn’t be. But they completely missed the point because big shiny.

1 Like

Bang on.

That. Was. Fucking. Nuts.

1 Like

Does this mean we don’t suck anymore?

Almost?

Nope. It just means we’re both losers.

I guess this is the right category for this as I can’t find a “local news” thread.

This is very fucked up stuff!

Jesus.

South Brisbane, didn’t even need to open that to know they were juveniles already out on bail / curfew conditions. Cunts.

How good, Italy beating Wales with a try and conversion in the last minute of their Six Nations game last night.

First win in the comp for Italy in 7 years!

:joy:

Fiji have done it again by beating another Tier 1 nation after their England win.

I don’t really care for Union at all but would be pretty crazy to see Wallabies crash out in the pool stage. First time ever.