Semi-Final - Sydney FC vs Melbourne - 12/05/19 - Match thread

the Athiu penalty shout looked like a 50/50 to me. They were both going for it and there was some argy bargy.

Whilst a pen could have been given, it also wasn’t a clear and obvious error not to give the pen, so the VAR didn’t have to intervene.

Anyone else having trouble with the unlock code for pre-sale tickets?

Cracking version of “Sydney Can’t You See” AKA “Allez Allez Allez” after Brosque’s goal, which got going outside the Cove properly for the first time. Might have even got more momentum except that DJ Brox decided to put a stop to it by nodding in that o.g.

I find the affected use of understated disdain for one’s football rivals combined with the formal grammar of an ‘A plus B therefore C’ sentence construction to be a form of haughty arrogance that can only ever be justified in the lead up to 6-1 thumping of the aforementioned pack of cunts.

3 Likes

@Hybrid I told you you should have bought those shoes…

1 Like

The below thread is probably your best bet:

Unlock code was fine, your member number plus first name as per club email. The rest of it was a shermozzle to get tix, but yeah, head on over to that other thread for Eddie’s step by step process. :+1:

1 Like

Let our opposition from last night forever be known as ‘Me1-6ourne Victory’.

5 Likes

I’d be surprised if the club didn’t reach out, but yeah, terrible to hear of that.

It’s amazing the difference in security all year long compared to the one game run by FFA innit?

Yeah the club and FFA have both spoken to Rory apparently and have reached out to NSWPF. It’s great to see that the entire media, even those outside football, getting on board with drawing this line in the sand.

3 Likes

free big mac and game on replay. this game just keeps on giving!

This can be extended to entrance debacle also where every seat behind goal forced to enter gate c . At the closest gate to every seat on west side of cove (b) barely three people entering , while at gate c there was chaos of near dangerous proportions at 645pm with queues snaking to princes hwy and back. typical of course but the farken ffa have delusions of grandeur with their we know better how to do a final than the clubs so leave it to us. Can not remember any final before the GF needing anything but ordinary fixture security .

I entered at Gate B at about 645 and the line was at least 20 deep?

My thoughts on yesterday’s win

Replay is on Fox 505 now.

The gate c situation before kick off was a shambles. Also, the amount of ticket checking every time you needed to take a piss or get a beer/food.

Anyway, forza Sydney and our silver fox, had a cracking first season as our coach no matter what. Loved the pieces in the SMH today about how he fired the boys up for yesterday.

2 Likes

Even the 4th official cracked a wry smile when the chant of “WE WANT SEVEN!” started.

Anybody willing to give this guy a call to let him know the score? Or should we let Arnie take that honour…

8 Likes

Losing track of how many times I’ve queued up the 4 min highlights package already. What a night.

And the best bit, it could’ve been eight or nine easily.

Sydney FC Conspiracy confirmed!