Semi-Final - Sydney FC vs Melbourne - 12/05/19 - Match thread

That was fun

Watching the post match wrap from last night, eat shit Bozza.

1 Like

What a night!

Managed to catch a few goals on my phone:

1 Like

Whether we win the grand final or not, that game will live long in the memory.

What a performance. We just ran right over them.

Fucking Amazing Scenes from start to finish.

3 Likes

I liked the part where we smashed them the fuck out of the park. Forza Sydney FC.

4 Likes

Well yeah, the odds are pretty good that if you point your camera at the game for a while at any random point, you’d catch Melbourne Victory concede another :rofl:

7 Likes

Absolutely amazing scenes. There was a bit in the first 20 where I legit thought we were going to get arse blasted. I think Melbourne had 150 completed passes to our 90. But we came into it and dominated. Would have been nice to have Ivanovic and Tratt there as well to sub on towards the end, but that comes down more to bench size than anything.

Was very telling that most of the goals came down to individual errors from Melbourne

Super Dave?

Anyone have any photos or videos of the pre match display?

I love him I wanna boof him get him up here !!!

1 Like

Their fans seem very much on the Muscat Out train

Perhaps, but many of those were forced errors. Brosque picking Baena in the middle of the park to start the move for the fourth (?) goal was amazing. De Jong’s cross leading to the own goal was brilliant. You could even argue Calver’s presence put Thomas off for the first goal and that was enough for him to spill the ball.

1 Like

What do people think about the Athiu penalty shout in the second half? I’ve just rewatched it and it looks like we might have been a little lucky there that a penalty wasn’t given.

Not to say it was an obvious penalty and I can see why VAR didn’t overturn the initial decision, but I can also see why a ref could have given it.

It was definitely very close. I think what saved it is that they both had arms outstretched, both were fighting for the ball and, I think it was Calver or Grant, obviously slipped on the pitch, which meant it wasn’t cynical

4 Likes

Cheers. Display on point as always.

Should’ve been a foul against Athiu, who ran into Calver with his arm outstretched.

1 Like

Anyone know how I can bottle this game up and inject it into my veins?

5 Likes

I was worried this might be the case. He’s got a terrible record, basically glossed over by something like 3-4 good games in finals series. Would be happy if he sticks around.

Jim Magilton is free though.

1 Like