SF: Australia vs England

Don’t disrespect the classics

1 Like

The only time an Australian crowd should be chanting oi, oi, oi is if they’re singing TNT

4 Likes

I don’t envy those trying to get something going in Matildas active, it’s an impossible gig given the demographic of attendees and their fresh place on the fitba bandwagon.

It is what it is so agree wholeheartedly with just making the best of it.

3 Likes

Surely belting out Waltzing Matilda is an easy and obvious option, and the perfect time to steal this back from the rugby crowd. It’s surely more fitting for a team actually called the Matildas!! It’s perfectly paced to be sung by a large football crowd in a stadium.

4 Likes

The performance of this before the French game was awesome. Agree this should become the norm.

4 Likes

It’s all about Timmy, FFS…

1 Like

Productivity… levels… dropping… dropping… negligible

2 Likes

Urge for beer rising…

2 Likes

Walking around Sydney now just to try and calm the nerves. Plenty of green and gold dotted around the streets.

I might outwardly look calm but internally…

c734a4dc-8ac0-42ec-83a9-06d7ceb5478b_text

7 Likes

Haven’t felt this tense trying to get thrugh a day’s “work” done since November 16th 2005. Today is the 16th eh?
All the important stuff done, will just be on here and checking twitter until making a swift exit at 4.

I fucking hate playing England just in general… but the possibility of beating them in a world cup semi-final is intoxicating.

1 Like

If you hate the royal family clap your hands.

1 Like

13 Likes

My son’s poor team, their game is still going ahead at the same time as the Matilda’s.

Insanity.

1 Like

How is that possible?

Even after a few beers I’m a bundle of nerves. The station announcer said have fun over the intercom on the way in and I have no idea how fans of teams that make the World Cup semi final have fun prior to the final whistle.

1 Like

Nerves are kicking in… should be a cracking evening ahead

On Optus, watched the Australian team bus go to the stadium from their hotel. Live. Via helicopter.

This is nuts!

3 Likes

An hour and a half to kickoff and Tumbalong Park is already packing out.

3 Likes

For some reason this is the queue for platform 2 at Redfern.

I got to Redfern at about the same time for the Ireland game and just missed a train, but everyone on the platform at that time managed to board the train, and there was no queue at the top of the stairs (other than people walking around the barricades to get to the stairs).

Why is it so much worse now?