Sigh - the NSW politics thread

State politics in NSW is terrible. It seriously doesn’t matter what party wins the next election. They are both fucked

Gladys is now going after music festivals, 3rd this week.

Supposedly good things is going to be a hot bed of pingaz and coke, as all good punk festivals are.

If only labor weren’t tits on a bull

Going to be interesting to see what happens this week in regards to the lock out laws. Apparently there is a bill before parliament this week trying to cut these back

NSW Mafia trying to shutdown festivals with a $200k pay for police threat.

It’s interesting. I was at Return to Rio a couple weekends back, and was expecting the worst after everything that’s been happening recently. So I was shocked to say the least when they only ran dog ops on one of three nights, and their overall attitude was friendly and super laid back.

LOL! Some good zingers in here.

Drawing a giant dick on the ballot paper is looking more and more probable by the day

1 Like

It’s bad enough they’ve refused to listen to the experts. It’s bad enough they’re happy to push a tough on crime approach in full knowledge more kids will die. It’s bad enough they’ve done so in the vast hope it will save their languishing political careers.

Now they’ve found a way to profit from it: Music festivals will have to be licensed in NSW following drug deaths | Australia news | The Guardian

2 Likes

Given how often he has dropped the n-word, I can’t say I’m surprised.

Did it fall out of his handkerchief?

This has been a really dull campaign all things considered.

It’s going to be interesting on Saturday though. Still no idea how the election will go. Flip a coin.

I’d like to see the Libs win the state but they don’t deserve to win the federal

Just voted. Thank you iVote.

Daley has really fucked up a winnable election.

This State is a fucking joke.

It’ll be “papers, please” by the time the next election rolls round.

1 Like

I’m expecting the Lockout Laws to really motivate a lot of voters this time around. Keep Sydney Open may just win an MLC.

A win here will only embolden the Libs though. They’ve gone bonkers with law and order the last six months - anyone with even a passing interest in the music scene (amongst others) would have felt the effects in one way or another. And I can’t see this slowing down post-election.

And it’s not just NSW it effects either, it’s the whole country. I’ve got mates in Melbourne that promote gigs, and they really struggle to bring in artists from overseas where they can’t book a decent-selling leg in Sydney. It’s completely fucking everyone. And to what end? A bunch of corrupt cunts can cling on to power and continue funneling public money to their mates.

Sigh.
Yup.
Sigh.

Libs to squeak past.